Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blueflame N/A and 3VZFE

Blueflame N/A and 3VZFE

Blueflame N/A and 3VZFE - has anyone got this installed on their Two. I'm about to make a purchase over the next few days and as its the cheapest replacement for my XS Power departure 2 thought I'd ask. Any pics/clips would be a bonus:thumbsup:

I have driven one with this setup. Sounds the bollocks and looks fantastic but can boom a bit at cruising speeds.

Mongoose doesn't have the boom issues but doesn't look or sound as nice. Tail pipes look a bit naff and they never seem to sit square, one side is always higher than the other (either that or all of Rogue's Race cars are bent :D).

There was nothing to choose between them on the Dyno.

Lyndon.
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

I've got one and that isn't square either :wierd2:

Thats what Im afraid of. I want a nice sounding exhaust that doesn't boom or sound too loud. Nod are you sure its the Blueflame N/A that was boomy, I only ask because I know the Blueflame turbo backbox is boomy
    Last edited by Gwrinkle; 13-01-2009 at 22:37.

When I said mine isn't square it's the blueflame I've got, but it's only about an inch differance I think so you can't really tell.
    Oh and I think it sounds fine at all speeds, not too loud.

listen to the one of olbers can't remember the make but it sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwrinkle View Post
    Thats what Im afraid of. I want a nice sounding exhaust that doesn't boom or sound too loud. Nod are you sure its the Blueflame N/A that was boomy, I only ask because I know the Blueflame turbo backbox is boomy
    Real sure :thumbsup:

My advise would be, if you don't want boom, buy a Mongoose and weld on nice looking Tail pipes (Jetex do various flavours).

The Blue Flame is nothing like as boomy as a Nur Spec with the bung out (or in). But I hate any Boom which is partially why I went stock for the short term at the expense of top end power.

I've driven 3VZ's with most commonly available exhausts, the Mongoose is the best all round noise / performance package (not sure about the Turbo version as that is completely different).

But that is my preference, yours might have more latitude.

Lyndon.

Quote Originally Posted by antnkel View Post
    When I said mine isn't square it's the blueflame I've got, but it's only about an inch differance I think so you can't really tell.
    Oh and I think it sounds fine at all speeds, not too loud.
    Blue Flame used to make the Mongoose exhaust, I suspect the original jig is on the piss (and Mongoose would have jigged up off of a Blue Flame system).

Lyndon.

Dunno why i couldn't post before (eh Nik?)

Skytune is the daddy, get the 80Db one and there'll be no boom but the rawwwwk up top makes me wee hairs go stiff.

I have the 88Db version and it's a bit louder. Still not boomy but a serious raspy roar.

You can have a selection of tailpipes on the Mr2 specific box.

Gimme a shout if you're interested and i'll get you a price matey.

If not, then Blueflame, as said, are shit hot too for an easiest to buy option, also Fujitsubo Legalis R (louder side of things but ace note).

I'll get a vid of mine at the weekend for you. Been meaning to do that since i fitted mine.

hi m8 i had a blueflame on my car and it s the best exhaust suited to the v6 my oppinion anyway
    v6 in progress

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast