Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My 3SGTE Engine Rebuild Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whore of Babylon View Post
    Ohhh a clubman in the background. Im planning to build one in the next 5 years.
    They are certainly fun to build, just wish I had more free time to drive it.

I will be putting it back on the road sometime soon though so I can sell it as I dont have the space anymore.

A better pic:

Had a few spare minutes today so off with the head:

Stripped the block today, generally the engine didnt look in too bad a shape. The shells were showing a bit of wear and the oil didnt look like it had been changed for a while. Also there was a bit of gunge in the water galleries, whats the best way to clean out the internal galleries?

Anyway a coupe of pics:

Good blast with a pressure washer, compressed air as Rob says and then buckets and buckets of WD40, just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by robwsurf View Post
    how about compressed air?
    Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ View Post
    Good blast with a pressure washer, compressed air as Rob says and then buckets and buckets of WD40, just to make sure.
    I like this new multiquote feature.

I have access to a pressure washer and a compressor so will give it a go, cheers.

I got my block hot tanked/acid dipped at the local rebuilders. Cost me not much, but boy did it leave the whole block clean. Took all the kahk out of the oil and water galleries and removed all the rust too! :)

Bevan

Oh aye, if you can get it dipped, that's defo the best option. :thumbsup:

As I have done nothing to the rev1 3sgte engine in the last 6 months it is probably time to resurect this thread. :mrgreen:

I dont think I am going to bother with a stroker kit anymore so.....

The first job will be to get the bottom end machined and rebuilt so I am looking for recomendations for the following please:

1. Rods?
    2. Pistons? (either +0.25 or +0.5)
    3. Bearings?

Any decent suppliers too?

Edit to add: currently considering eagle rods and clevite bearings, not sure about pistons though.
    Last edited by Gary Symons; 01-07-2009 at 22:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Symons View Post
    As I have done nothing to the rev1 3sgte engine in the last 6 months it is probably time to resurect this thread. :mrgreen:

I dont think I am going to bother with a stroker kit anymore so.....

The first job will be to get the bottom end machined and rebuilt so I am looking for recomendations for the following please:

1. Rods?
    2. Pistons? (either +0.25 or +0.5)
    3. Bearings?

Any decent suppliers too?

Edit to add: currently considering eagle rods and clevite bearings, not sure about pistons though.
    Arias or CP Pistons will be fine for the build mate :) I'd also check Pauter rods. Stay with the clevite bearings too.

What you doing turbo and cooler-wise?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast