Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Martins MK1.5 Project

Martins MK1.5 Project

well i have been doing this swap for a while now and decided it was time to post it on the appropriate board, for the people who like this stuff the most. i will post all my pictures i have of my progress so far, it is going to be quite a few but have to catch you guys up :-)

here is a low down of my swap

I have a 1985 blue mk1 8b8 color code
    134,000 miles on the chassis
    3rd gen 3sgte soon to be fully built powerplant.
    st205 intercooler
    1000cc injectors, with hyda nemesis
    urethane bushings st sway bars and springs
    koni struts
    new tie rod ends, wheel bearings, ball joints and boots.
    94 turbo brakes in rear with 87+ fron rotors in the rear
    willwood 4-pot callipers with 2 piece floating rotors

much more to list but that is the run down. here are som pictures enjoy. input highly welcomed.

the motor mounts now cut off ^^^^^

the new power plant. 3rd gen 3sgte^^^

the new 3rd gen lsd tranny after a good cleaning ^^^^^

the soon to be polished st205 core^^^^

the brand new driver side supercharge axles they don't get any cleaner than that^^^^^

the pile of old 4agte mk1 accessories^^^^

Through sheer luck and after searching for over a year to find an original thomas design engine lid, #11 i finnally found one for sale and grabbed it. here it is!!!

ok well last week i spent a few days souly working on the mk1.5...here is what i got done....i will not caption all the pics but i can tell ya what i did..

i completely removed all of the front and rear suspension including the steering rack... i completely disassembled everything cleaned them thoroughly and repainted everything black..

i installed the brand new urethane bushings, ball joints all around and tie rods and tie rod ends all around. the rear wheel bearings are now brand new and pressed in, the 94 big brakes in the rear are now complete. iam still awaiting on the willwood kit to arrive in the mail for the fronts still before installing that. i installed the new st sway bars and endlinks and springs along with the fully adjustable koni strut inserts. thats about it..i have alot of pictures below for you to enjoy seeing all the new goodies in the install process along with some old dirty parts pics. everything looks brand new and beautiful and i could not be more pleased with how the past few days of my work have gone on the project....

along with all of this i noticed and have heard the strut housing sway bar tabs needed extreme reinforcement...and that is what was done...all have been upgraded to double thickness and connected to the spring perch...the fronts were completely boxed in and double thickness along with the spring perch connection...see in the pics below. thanks for following along and sorry for the poor quality cell phone pictures and the long pause that has taken place on my project :-)

enjoy

reinforced sway bar tabs front...very strong now :-)

old stuff pulled from car before refreshing

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast