Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone forgot to tell the gritters!

Someone forgot to tell the gritters!

Just come home from work and it was hell, the roads hadn't been gritted, needless to say fishtailed and did a bit of ice skating in the car

yeah i hear you, same as up here too...still your ok now and that's what counts.

Miss Goldy was snowed in this morning as they didn't grit her area at all!

You should try living over here they never grit the town I live in. It takes about ten miles of sliding before you get a road with some semblance of grit.

Yesterday going to work I meet a rigid truck which had hit both ditchs and collected two cars in the process. Last year five cars came off the road at the same corner. I wouldn't mind but you could see the cars piled up in the ditch and people kept going at the same rate and then wondering why they had hit another car in the same ditch.

Thought I had it bad today 8O

Quote Originally Posted by antnkel
    Thought I had it bad today 8O
    It all adds to the experience though and a bit of a laugh when nobody else is around.

Weird; they seem to grit the roads here if it gets dark, and that's just in the summer...

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

No gritters up here either today by the looks of it. :hmm:

even damp roads this time of year can be tricky..almost lost KYT on a dual cariageway in 4th gear the other day..!! if it hadnt been for my awesome skillz..:believe:

Well I'm going to work tonight and it's forcast 20cm of snow and blizzards should be fun. :hmm:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast