Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What sports cats to use with a v6???

What sports cats to use with a v6???

Hi , as the title....when mot time comes for my 1997 uk mr2. Still not sure of the year of v6 that's going in but assuming i need one then any advice would be appreciated.

cheers

The company who made mine mate use a high flow cat, I can find out if they sell them seperate. What system are you going for mate?

hopefully berk technology if i can get hold of one that is ....if not then Xs power probably. Its 1992+ is when a cat is needed for the mot is'nt it??

If i do need a cat then i might go for the 1mz fe instead.

Think the cat test was backend of 94/early 95. I know mine doesn't need one and it's a 94.

See your's is an import, mine being a uk so not sure the same rules apply.

I'm on the mot website but cannot find the info so far. :(

I'd not worry and slip the guy a tenner lol

haha... i used to do that in my home town but can't find anyone here willing to do it......not that i asked :)

Whatever is earlier, engine or car it's tested on.

It's '95 that's the cut off as Phil says.

ok no bother....i think i worry too much sometimes

thanks guys

You know what, i think i'm getting mixed up with when cats were getting the push to manufacturers by the government during 1992 so maybe a cat test was not introduced till later to give manufacturers time , so mid 1995 cut off makes sense.

Just on a MOT site and the example they provided for swaping engines was for a 1995 car with a 1991 engine,the onus was for the owner to prove the engine's age.

cheers again.
    Last edited by kenny.c; 28-11-2008 at 17:55.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast