Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Interested In Flappy Paddles?

Muchos gracias senór. Exactly the data i was after.

So overall this is going to give similar results to a tubby box'd V6.

Can't wait to get this tested in a Mk2 now. :mrgreen:

3S-GE auto has the A241-E transmission - the same that was put in the 96-97 Rav 4 i believe (and the MK1 SC IIRC).

1st - 3.643
    2nd - 2.008
    3rd - 1.296
    4th - 0.892

Rev - 2.977

Diff - 3.034

When i had my auto on the rollers (shakes head) we had it at 136mph in 3rd at the redline - i think on the rollers in 4th (O/D) it was geared for 202mph. If only it had the power to even pull the skin off a rice pudding :)

I looked into flappy paddles extensively - there is a kit called the Shrifter that is available but that coupled with a piggyback 'Shift' ECU was proving to be expensive - nigh on £1000 for the flappy paddle mechanism and the ECU. That kinda put me off!!

If you get the kit up and running you can use my 3S-GE auto as a test bed if you want - before i sell it!

Kieren
    MK2 Rev3 JDM N/A
    Mk2 Rev3 3VZ-FE no 41 (I like!)
    '76 Sebring Replica MGB GT (The moneypit)

WOW!

Asbolutley awesome
    Priorities change, passions do not.

Just another thought oh Golden one.......

Is there a flip button to allow you to switch "Old man " mode on and have it as a full auto?

Could make for a very interesting daily driver!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Nice work Goldy :)

With the extra power of a V6 running through the autobox, would it require some sort of transmission oil cooler?

I'm not exactly up on all this but do you reckon it would work say with the Supra Mkiv autobox?

I've got a friend with a Mkiv and the Auto is his only real hate about the car. No doubt he'd be very interested in this!

considering most if not all UK V6's are autos then it shouldn't be an issue getting the power through it, til you turbo the beggar of course.

Gonna be a few folks asking for v6 auto's now.... :D

actually, will the auto box on the v6 fit in the mr2?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Nice work Goldy :)

With the extra power of a V6 running through the autobox, would it require some sort of transmission oil cooler?

I'm not exactly up on all this but do you reckon it would work say with the Supra Mkiv autobox?

I've got a friend with a Mkiv and the Auto is his only real hate about the car. No doubt he'd be very interested in this!
    I think the principle is sound, depends on the auto box itself though, the Supra TT is a 4spd auto and they went tiptronic when the VVTi's came out, so I don't see why not.

If you can get hold of Supra MKIV VVTi Auto steering wheels, they're lovely items with up and down buttons on them :)

Very nice, and keep it all OEM :)

With this fitted would it enable 3s-gte auto conversions?

I've seen a few guys asking about it, would be good for the people who have no choice but an auto to have an engine with a bit more poke!

From what I remember getting the ecu's talking to each other which was the problem? I guess it would always have to be in flappy paddle mode as full auto will have been dispensed with? hmmm

I suppose you could run a standard 3SGTE ecu and the use the autobox ECU to control that... Goldenballs will have to answer that one.

Sounds plausable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    I've seen a few guys asking about it, would be good for the people who have no choice but an auto to have an engine with a bit more poke!
    We could also get him to look at hand controls for landmine victims! :thumbsup:

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast