I'm currently in the final stages of testing a flappy paddle kit I have developed for toyota A series 4 speed electronic automatic gearboxes, this will fit the Mk2 and Camry and possibly the Mk1 but I need to check.

The kit currently replaces the ecu control of the gearbox but it should be possible to have a switchable system so auto mode can be used or flappy paddles.

This will allow V6 swaps into mk2's as it removes ecu control of the gearbox, thus fixing the shift point problem that currently exists with using the mk2 gearbox with the camry ecu. Paul Woods has been helping out testing the box so will be able to fit them for people or as part of a swap.

Gearshifts are extremely fast and smooth up and down, and torque converter lockup is engaged in 3rd and 4th gear to improve efficiency. This can be re-programmed to be engaged in other gears if required.

I'm currently working on developing wireless paddles to allow easy fitting.

If anyone is interested or has any views on this can you post on this thread, i'm planning on launching this properly in the next month or so and will be signing up as an affiliate on here.

Let me know what you think! :thumbsup:

Goldy