Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Build # 2, the 3vz

I think that's Lodge, not Adam lol

Adam's the one that looks like Bear Grylls in need of a good feed.

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ
    Adam's the one that looks like Bear Grylls in need of a good feed.
    Exactly the opposite then? lol

Should be awesome when its done, plenty of pictures please :)

1989 / 2008 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 with 196 Bhp & 208 Ft-lbs @ 8 Psi
    Engine: Rev 1 3SGTE, HKS Super Sequential BOV, Magnecor 8mm HT Leads.
    Brakes: ST185 Single Piston Front Calipers, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Goodridge Steel Braided Brake Hoses.
    Other: Azev A 16" Alloys, Toyo T1-R Proxes oh and a TRD Oil Filler Cap - lol

gents anyone know which is a good fuel pump for a v6, and what driveshafts and outer cv's am i going to need to run a 2.0 N/A box?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

I'm using a Mk2 turbo pump.

I believe the N/A driveshafts are plug and play on the Mk1

cheers chris, when wired as per manual (!) does it run full pressure, and does it stink ? :) the tubby swap uses a direct feed from the cor so full pressure was always on depending on the voltage of course.

anyone else using an N/A box into mk1 hubs?

today saw some more work done on the car, its been since october or so / nice t break :mrgreen: , i should have the mounts done inside of three weeks, next job is to hack off the old engine mounts.
    today i removed the fuelk tank (emptied 6 litres of fuel into my pocket ) and put a rev3 turbo pump in place of the mk1a pump. cheers gary. i'll leave the tank out while im welding in the bay, do the bay work and pop it baack in after.

there is a difference between MK1a fuel pump carriers, and a MK1b carrier.. i found the mk1 a carrier only had one supply hard pipe, and one return hard pipe (entering into the top of the carrier mount). The Mk1b has three small hard pipes on the carrier, 1 for supply obviously, one for return just like the mk1a, and then there is another pipe which enters the top of the bracket, but terminates there, i.e; its basically a pipe cut short so under neath the carrier mount there is no continuation of the pipe just a hole.. so.. is that 3rd pipe for a breather? and which do i now use for the v6!?

Last edited by adamh; 05-07-2009 at 19:03.

Heres a pic from my car before the tank got removed, any help:

http://www.mr2mk1turbo.co.uk/photos/8-4.jpg

i'll reference that pic with one of bulkhead.
    heres a pic of my old mk1b carrier, you can see the extra stumpy pipe / pink arrow. must be some kind of improvement over the 1a. I wish i could remember!

well, i started cutting out the mounts today in readiness for some welding and the grinder gave up, i'll finish up tommorow with the new posh grinder :0) managers special / screwfix £16 / used once 'out the back' still gauranteed. jubbly deal.

hitachi make great grinders have had two of them 240v transformer jobbies last for ever.

Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast