Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Build # 2, the 3vz

i'm enjoying the work more lol . As has' said when you plan to do tons you get little done and bolts usually start shearing like shelling peas. jamie oliver will have to work hard to beat soul food like that man.

Today saw the second half of the pull going well, i had some help from a relative for a few hours cheers louis.
    as planned I jacked the car up a bit (about 28 inches lol from rear valence) I just wanted it to slip out hassle free. I supported it with a 6 x 4 wood beam across under the front bulk head / + axle stands/chock blocks as you do.

dropped the exhaust mounts, unscrewed the hub nuts, removed the driveshafts & cv's, tied the caps off, drained off the oil cooler (10 points for remembering that and the clutch line :) ). I then removed the two front mount bolts, the left mount pin, then the right 3 mount nuts, the rear mount, and lowered the jack slowly..... i was almost in disbelief like something should have snagged up or sheared, but it didnt, it just fell out of the car like a greased baby out of jenna james.

I had prepared for the pull by supporting the jack and axle stands with various parts of an old pc bench , 1/2" chipboard but it did the trick fine, and once down it slid out the back real easy.

job done, kettle on :thumbsup:. tea and the remainder of the hot dogs was priority. I'm not sure paul would employ me, but i cant believe how simple it was to spread the pull over two days and prepare with silly things like slippery pc benches lol .

next job I guess is to apply the FBH to the rear wall, looking forward to that, wonder how much it has to sit back?.

Last edited by adamh; 04-11-2008 at 20:21.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

FBH?

No, it's cutting and welding time if you're using a jig squire?

Or you going to try and cram it in like the 1MZ we've just done?

Great work Adam, does take me back a bit. I bet you're glad there's no body work this time.

Nice one ad its coming along well

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ
    FBH?

Or you going to try and cram it in like the 1MZ we've just done?
    Just for reference this is how far we moved Paff's.

Hope that helps,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

go access panel lads, tis the way!

Need to change those plugs? No need to remove the inlet, just pop em out through the access panel!

Stirling work though matey - where was the man himself? On hot dog duty? lol
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Or you going to try and cram it in like the 1MZ we've just done?[/quote]

i dont mind the labour of making mounts for the sakes of £50 in the queens postal wages. Assuming we may have one of Tonys finest mounts supplied, does the jig work with that?
    how does it line the driveshafts up horizontally when sitting on its own weight..? and how are they angled from the top down?

garbe this ones in better shape panel wise for an 85 than most, damn glad of that, slightly!

nice work there on the infill panels O, any chance of a quick approximate rule?

access panels is for sure the way, its got be worth it hasnt it. id have oneon the front if i could aswell. al's off up in scotland at moment on a short break, hopefully back to continue woth some brutal slavery on the engine, we have that yet to tidy up..

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    "it just fell out of the car like a greased baby out of jenna james. "

we have a new TB quote of the month lol

great to see this swap unfolding,truely brutal.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Exciting Adam, seeing your 1.5 was pretty much what convinced me to get mine done so good luck to ya bud :)

Can I just say you look like a thinner version of Chris Moyles? Just thought id put that out there..

1989 / 2008 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 with 196 Bhp & 208 Ft-lbs @ 8 Psi
    Engine: Rev 1 3SGTE, HKS Super Sequential BOV, Magnecor 8mm HT Leads.
    Brakes: ST185 Single Piston Front Calipers, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Goodridge Steel Braided Brake Hoses.
    Other: Azev A 16" Alloys, Toyo T1-R Proxes oh and a TRD Oil Filler Cap - lol

as long as i dont like a thinner version of johnny or paul i'm happy :thumbsup:

Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast