Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Build # 2, the 3vz

Quote Originally Posted by adamh View Post
    i have a pile of problems to get through before the spring, summer etc. following my various issues from road testing the summer just gone.
    list / progress , starts here: incase i forget, i can thank me when i come here another time, cheers'

Coil (waiting for money! est 96 from mrT, boooo)
    Ht leads (bosch acquired, inc king lead/vat. 84.10)
    Timing check
    temperature senders (rad and water outlet changed new approx 12 ea, factors.)
    engine bay lid venting + fan ( home made fan stat made)
    bay tank heat shield
    isolate rad fan switching problem
    map the safc with wideband help
    find small oil leak from cam covers

anyone local-ish have a timing gun i could borrow when the time comes? just need check base timing since i removed the dizz.
    Adam i can send one upto you to use then send back once you finished mate .

Patrick

I've got a timing gun, pretty basic but it works a treat.

I also have a spare mk2 engine / tank heat shield if you can make use of it?

C.

cheers pat, chris is a little way up the road so i can save on postage there, thanks for the offer although.
    perhaps the mk2 heatshield may fit, i'll come take a look soon :thumbsup:
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Always welcome Adam, I'm around this weekend tinkering.

Johns car is here and we will be swapping out a couple of bits on Saturday to try and shift his gremlin.

Sunday I'm hoping to start tearing down the grumpy two ready for the 2GR build!

C.

after a few hours probing at the garage i possibly found the rad fan switching problem, although i replaced with a new switch, i just found the aftermarket switch does not work as it should by the book, so i will get an oem switch from toyota

Isn't that why we love our cars?

Cheeky little devils them all!

:)

Good shout Adam :thumbsup:Looks like the list will be getting shorter as the weeks go by.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

hope so mate, first job takes me away for 3 weeks until 1st week feb, it makes sense to do some prep instead of couch surfing the holidays (not all of them atleast!)

holy sheet. mrT charges £66 for a rad fan switch. i've just been raped again by toyota. i wonder how they still do business, if it wasnt for the fact the motor factors switch didnt work i wouldnt have had to use them, still.. i guess its a small amount of cash thats gone toyotas way in the past few years as i very rarely use them.

actually i just rang and cancelled it, cannot bring myself to pay for a rad fan switch that cost more than a pair of headgaskets !. i'll try another manufacturers rad fan switch
    Last edited by adamh; 02-01-2013 at 12:00.

Why not a breakers?