Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Build # 2, the 3vz

heres a better shot, ah another thing what was that blue connection between two sides of inlet plenum, oil feed? marked blue.
    i reckn the two pinks are in and out 1 in 2 out? still have no idea what the vac switch feed or postitive pressure feed is on the left side, green.

......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Paff says "yup".

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    then paff needs a swift kick in the balls! lol

adam the fuel feed is on the right,it enters the right rail via the fitting marked as "2" on your diagram,thats a resonator type thing (never fully understood its purpose).The regulator is on the left and the fuel returns to the tank from this.The vac feed going from this to the blue vsv controls fuel pressure on/off idle.

The pipes marked in blue are not oil feeds,they are called "air assist" pipes,basically each fuel injector nozzle is fed by air through channels in the lower plenum,these terminate at those two pipes and get fed from the throttle body/iscv area.The purpose of air assist is better atomisation of fuel at the injector.

Hope that helps mate.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

helps heaps thanks, cheers lads. so if thats the fuel pump pressure control? then if removed it will run full pressure at idle, rich? stinky?.

whats the red switch above it then, any 3vz oem service manuals aboot? :)

wow air assist thats a neat trick!, does that take a feed from the throttle body then just some slightly positive pressure, is it metered after afm?
    Last edited by adamh; 22-10-2008 at 23:33.

Hi Adam.

Sent ya an email with the 3vz manual on it, and a couple of other files :)

Let me know if it doesn't make it, it is a fairly large attachment size so I don't know if it'll go through happily.
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Sorry to just jump in. But im pretty sure the one on the side with no vac. attachment is the fuel pulse damper. The one on the end with the vac attachment is the regulator. The damper is there to smooth out the pulsation from the fuel pump to keep the fuel injection events pretty consistant.

-J

If the FPR is removed it wont run at all ads,there will be no pressure in the rails.

The red/brown vsv is for your ACIS control. The v6 version of TVIS.

Yep the air assist is fed from the ISCV and is metered.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by MR-3vz
    Sorry to just jump in. But im pretty sure the one on the side with no vac. attachment is the fuel pulse damper. The one on the end with the vac attachment is the regulator. The damper is there to smooth out the pulsation from the fuel pump to keep the fuel injection events pretty consistant.

-J
    you jump in any time pal we are a club here everythings open for objective discussion for all. yep pretty much what paul iterated :thumbsup: . good to hear other opinions are the same, so the UFO on the rail is a pulse damper and or baffle type thing understand completely..

cheers paff :thumbsup: i got that file great just finding the time to open it and read it, is it me or are minutes getting smaller every day lately.

paul i meant the VSV (which i denoted fuel pump pressure control) lol not the Fpr. i meant if the vsv which regulates the fuel pressure at idle, is removed will it be at full pressure at idle then and does it run rich or stinky in the cabin?

ah i get you now ads,sorry mate,no it will still fuel fine because its in closed loop running off the lambda sensors,so the injectors would be throttled back by the ecu to maintain lambda 1 at idle regardless of fuel pressure.

I believe the vsv is there to stop fuel pump wear but im not 100% sure to be honest.

can i be cheeky then and get one last question in :liar: ...

i understand the location of the fuel pump vsv there, i dont understand the location of the IACV vsv plumbed straight onto the fuel line. and boy oh boy wht the hell is that thing the IACV! just looking at the guide and it appears its a multifunctional device bolted onto the end of the inlet plenum!. termination point for.. cold start injector.. power steering vac feed, brake booster vac feed, fair enough.. but why the IACV vsv connection, so when its idling.. it allows a drip feed of air into the manifold right to keep it ticking over.. why isnt that device on the throttle body like on the 3sgte?

aha spotted it!! , on PG EG-214 in the manual.. i can see the butterfly on the other side of the IACV , at what point does it open and allow full flow? when theres a slightly positive pressure in the manifold it opens or closes?

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast