Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Build # 2, the 3vz

i asked helix what they reckoned about their clutch, they said:

These drive plates are 7.7mm thick when new. We advise that you have it repadded once they get to about 6.6mm thick.

A repad of a 4 paddle plate costs £44.98 + VAT. Carriage is £8.50 + VAT (Next day delivery service with City Link). We usually complete the work within one or two days of receipt of the plate.

Helix Autosport Ltd

so i measured it and its 7.4mm across the thickness, so great, barely used!, no need for getting it re-lined yet. al did say it was only used for a couple of races or summat.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

today saw some keen stripping. It seems, the parts of the camry engine fall off like lamb off the bone, i'm sure it will be a darn sight harder putting the pieces back like one of those boxed 3d jigsaws. I've left the heads on for now until that is the old boy can get down and instruct me further.

I'm not sure what were doing with this yet but things are starting to clank and whirl :) . i need to ask some questions about stuff, whats do the vac switches in my hand do? do we need them?

and what do the switches inside here do? and what is the goldy coloured cog attatched to the cam shaft end bottom right of the pic, looking like some kind of ign pick up device off the cam end?

and finally for now, why are there so many darned connections on the fuel rails?.. can i get rid of it all, and just have one supply and one return, join the rails with braided hose, and have an adjustable fpr on the return?

Last edited by adamh; 19-10-2008 at 22:22.

I think the two "inside" ones are a pair of knock sensors.

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

do they remain the same?, do we use them...

Yup, just leave the little buggers alone. Bloody engineers always wanting to take everything apart and fiddle with what's left

Owen.

Aye, leave the knock sensors alone, bottom right cog thing is part of the internal dizzy assemby i think.

as for the fuel rails am sure that's how 3VZ-FE has done his.

Yup, the rpm signal is taken from the dizzy and fed to the ecu from there on the 3VZ. We had a broken wire in the plug there that prevented Paff's V6 from starting the night before JAE...

Owen.

Oh and those 2 little blue connectors....

ignore them. or at least I did with no issues.

And listen to those 2 idiots posts above, the dizzy is a pita, or at least it is after 48 hours straight before a with a broken wire hidden in a connector :)
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Ads you can ditch the stock FPR from the rail and just plumb your own adjustable one onto the same place

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paff
    Oh and those 2 little blue connectors....

ignore them. or at least I did with no issues.

And listen to those 2 idiots posts above, the dizzy is a pita, or at least it is after 48 hours straight before a with a broken wire hidden in a connector :)
    you mean these two paff...

paul, if one side is the oem reg is that the return side marked, im not familiar with 3vz!, what is the other thing and why does it have a feed sticking out!? its something controlled by a vac diaphragm..? too many questions, not enough time...
    Last edited by adamh; 20-10-2008 at 23:11.

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast