Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim's 1.5 swap

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Tim's 1.5 swap

It's been a while since we built one of these but they are still a firm favourite among Mr2 engine swappers.This one is getting a chargecooler set up too.

Work started by dropping the old engine out and also the fuel tank to replace the pump for a turbo item.... it was then we discovered a mouse nest on top of the tank :)

Sadly we had to evict him!

The bay has since had its engine mounts removed, new ones welded in and the whole bay resprayed...

The extra heatshield has also been made and ECU,coilpack and injector resistor pack mounted.The engine goes in on monday which looks like this....

More to come.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Holly shit it is finally happening.

An egine conversion has been planned for nearly a year now with me changing my mind on what to go for. A V6 turbo was planned but my buget changed and i have finally decided on a 2L turbo.
    I am so excited i dont know what to say as this car means alot to me. It was given to me by my friends mum and dad, as he died in a go karting crash.

The car is called "The Goatley Project" after my mate "The Goat".

Anyway, want to give a big thanks to Paul for putting up with me and all my questions. The engine looks the tits great colours. Progress is going really quick, cant believe how much you guys have done.:thumbsup:

Thanks again Paul. Oh i wondered what that squeek was coming from the car LOL.

Tim, that thing will massively fly!!

A chargecooled rev 3 is the Holy Grail of the stock engines. If you up that boost to 16psi, you'll be seeing around 275bhp (conservatively, I'd say). With virtually no lag.

I'd not fancy a race against you mate :thumbsup:

A2W?! Very, very nice looking motor! What's that 3S outa? Caldina or something?

Bevan

Either be a Rev 3/4/5 MR2 Turbo with an Celica GTFour CC on it, or from and ST205 Celica :)

Yeah its out of a rev3 import with about 50,000 miles on it. Took your advice about the charge cooler Johnny, thats off a gt4.

Not sure what other mods are going on the engine. Looking for about 280bhp.

Suspension, brakes and poly bush going on. Any other suggestions will be great, if my budget can strech.

Maybe look at what murf managed with water injection. Keep the engine lasting longer? Plus it's an extra gadget to show off!

I got a proper water injection tank now,binned the tupperware! Pics when i get it fitted! WI is a good mod, safegaurd the engine and increase power.
    I dont think you'll need more power mods, other than an AVCR. It'll be plenty quick, in fact the first time you drive it hard, you'll shit yourself!!
    Get some decent tyres though and maybe a really supportive drivers seat :)
    Mk1.5 No.13, sold and gone!

AVCR's are good, but expensive.

Tim, if you can stretch to it, get on the phone to Ryan @ 2BarTuning about an ECU with boost control. He'll map in 1.3bar for you and you'll be changing trousers with great regularity.

Even when you get it back on stock boost it'll be quick.

Please take it easy and get to know the car before really giving it some, especially as it has rather more sentimental value to you than most peoples have. would hate to read you crashed it on the way home.

are you getting the rear brakes done as well. Also, consider a Papal vent in the bonnet to calm the front down and a rev 2 onward rear ARB. Apart from that you seem to have the chassis side sorted.
    MK1.5 - fixed - turbo technics hybrid CT26, ST205 charge cooler, XS power manifold and decat (not split yet) air con to be sorted next

Oh, and its now running thanks to Jiff and BSM

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast