Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny's 100000bhp bodywork build

TRD rear spoiler all the way mate.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Another fun packed day breathing in fibreglass and bits of mk2....by the end of the week i should be shitting out mk2 dinky toys lol

The day started with bonding the toms skirts and the rear arch permenantly onto the car,i welded a supporting piece onto the rear quarter for the arch to bond to and then applied polyurethane everywhere it touches the body.... the whole arch is then taped up to stop it moving as it sets....

On the front bottom (oer!) edge of the rear arch this is how we intend to make it blend into the sideskirt with a gradual taper.... the pencil line will be the final arch shape leading into the skirt....

Next i fitted some good front wings we had (the car had none when it came here,good ole neo,i love that guy) and i also fitted the border front end which needed fettling to line up...

She is beggining to look like a car again!

Next up i fitted the toms canards to the car,we deliberated for ages wether they would look better with or without the arches but it was decided with...

I also trimmed the old outer arch off the wing,this isnt needed anymore and the wheel now wants to travel up into that area....so off it comes...

As above you can see ive already trimmed down another Woodsport universal arch to fit the front wing,this will be totally blended in so it looks like a fat wing rather than an arch on a wing.This really is the beauty of these arches,they can be trimmed right down to give even the most subtle of extensions.

And finally a front view of the front arch,as modelled by Mr Burns off the Simpsons takin a shit :)

The front and back bottom parts of the arch are still to be decided in shape.
    Last edited by Paul Woods; 03-09-2008 at 19:56.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    As much as i hate carbon rear wings i actually think this car would suit it really well with the j-lo ass.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

It looks like he is concentrating immensly.. you sure he's not taking a shit in the spray booth? lol

1989 / 2008 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 with 196 Bhp & 208 Ft-lbs @ 8 Psi
    Engine: Rev 1 3SGTE, HKS Super Sequential BOV, Magnecor 8mm HT Leads.
    Brakes: ST185 Single Piston Front Calipers, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Goodridge Steel Braided Brake Hoses.
    Other: Azev A 16" Alloys, Toyo T1-R Proxes oh and a TRD Oil Filler Cap - lol

Had a look at her today and without anyone knowing what engine's in the car it looks aggresive already. Just putting a set of red front wings on makes her look a car once more. Good work Paul and Mr. Burns.

Looking good Paul, should be ready for paint by the weekend then.:hidesbehi

Johnny is a lucky man as your not one to shy away from a challenge which his car definately was when he got it back. Kismet though as I think he will end up with something far more individual than the Neos TRD he was originally going for. Just a fucker(sure JG can add many more expletives) that he had to go through all the angst to get here.

Anywhoo been drinking...all I meant to say was can't wait to see the finished article.:thumbsup:

Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem.

Jesus wept... this is going to be fuckin special when it's done. I'm as excited as a blind queg in a hotdog factory!

Fuckin EPIC! she'll look immense when done. Kinda like a blended in ABFlug jobby?

I saw a pic of a red Thai one a while back that had something similar. The front end had FTO lights and looked FUCKING WANK!

Please tell me you're not doing FTO lights JG? :D

Quote Originally Posted by dgh938peg
    Fuckin EPIC! she'll look immense when done. Kinda like a blended in ABFlug jobby?

I saw a pic of a red Thai one a while back that had something similar. The front end had FTO lights and looked FUCKING WANK!

Please tell me you're not doing FTO lights JG? :D
    No no... I manage to source some RoguĀ£ low rise quads up front that are going to have a set of HIDs fitted too. I'm a pop up light lover :)

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast