Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kiwi MR-S project...

What a creation, fabulous piece of kit. I can't wait to see vids of it in action.
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    fukin bangin. :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Now what you really want is 2 of those Busa engines and a welder and you'll pretty much have one of these:

http://www.radicalextremesportscars....ge/sr8/sr8.php

Without the downforce unfortunately.

Would sound absolutely amazing though : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YAFMZyBPI4

Amazing work! Wow... i'm stunned! What a project!

700bhp one s about a 10grand ticking time bomb

Holy shit that's epic!
    Priorities change, passions do not.

nearly as subtle as the Caterham in Evo this month. Take 2 ZX12 engines, one supercharger an a carbon fibre bodied Caterham. 500kgs and 500hp.

fucking mental.
    MK1.5 - fixed - turbo technics hybrid CT26, ST205 charge cooler, XS power manifold and decat (not split yet) air con to be sorted next

Oh, and its now running thanks to Jiff and BSM

and I thought I was the only truly mad kiwi:D

guess not;)

Quote Originally Posted by rattymr2
    nearly as subtle as the Caterham in Evo this month. Take 2 ZX12 engines, one supercharger an a carbon fibre bodied Caterham. 500kgs and 500hp.

fucking mental.
    Fellow Evo reader :)

It just looks mean as fuck doesn't it! Unbelievable PTW ratio. Yummm.

600kg...

We believe (hope) that 600kg is achievable, remember that these only weigh around 1000kg totally standard. We have some fibreglass panels at this stage, but some will also initially be carbon and more once we have the body sorted.
    To minimise weight we have (are) cut away all the unnecessary reinforcing including the sills, (which are very heavy & multi layered to make up for the lost strength in not having a roof) all the reinforcing around the windscreen A pillars, seat mounts, inner guards etc etc, even as far as cutting off the chassis rails at the shortest possible point past the suspension pickups...

700hp would be nice but we are after reliability, so are looking for 450ish. We have two engines and plan to build two complete rear subframes that house the engine, drivetrain etc so can easily swap the whole lot if we encounter a problem...or maybee a qualifying & race engine...

Chris.

PS: Check out this link for a few pics of our previous projects (toys) including 2006 Ford Focus with Falcon XR6 Turbo engine, Supra twin turbo powered AE101 Corolla Levins, BMW Z3, Mustang Cobra RA, plus GT40 replica & convertible Falcon...
    http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk58/Louie028/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast