Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk3.8 Build Thread

Correctomundo on the S8, its actually registered as a 98, but checking the engine code pings it to the 360 banana version,bought the whole car just for the engine, now breaking it down for cash

holy mother of all things godlike..!!!
    i am now officially a mk3 fan..
    loving this swap..just what TB needed..nice one..

So is that a 6-speed S2 box then? or is it the 1.8t unit?

Think I'll subscribe to this one :thumbsup:
    Regards

frisp

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    definately doable in a mk2 johnboy

I can see this sort of build being popular in the future when the supply of audi motors is better,glued to this one!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Brilliant, cant wait to see this finished!
    My tech knowledge counts for nothing but i'd go for cabin intrusion and SWB too.
    Mk1.5 No.13, sold and gone!

This is another great building thread on TB...agree with mr. Woods that cutting into cabin is the way to go, and you will get better weight front\back with the engine a bit longer to the front. How is the weight on this Audi enginge\gearbox compere to the 1uzfe\turbo box? Anyway, remember all the "sweat and tears" on the car will be long gone when you fire it up for the first time:thumbsup:

Rediculous!
    good work though!
    i frown upon the audi-ness, but brutal none the less.
    1986 N/A sunroof - 4age to 4age rebuild swap
    1986 N/A hardtop - parts car.
    1995 BMW 318ti - the 3vz swap funds - to be sold

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    definately doable in a mk2 johnboy

I can see this sort of build being popular in the future when the supply of audi motors is better,glued to this one!
    Man im going to look for a buggerd test engine, perhaps i can use the spare mk2 shell to do some experiments ;)

Quote Originally Posted by sixafterfour
    Rediculous!
    good work though!
    i frown upon the audi-ness, but brutal none the less.
    The difference is the block is approximately 6" shorter than tha 1uz. Paul would be looking at 250mm of cabin intrusion as opposed to 120mm. So it's an audi lump? There was a company near me in Dover (Scotts Motortune) who had a 720bhp one of these babies!:thumbsup:

At the very least Paul can now say his 2 has something in common with Ronin!lol

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast