Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cable for battery relocation

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    yep,on all my swaps,straight onto the starter terminal,its the perfect place to er terminate the + itives!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

it seems though that at the moment i've got more than one wire going to my +ve battery terminal, should i connect the extra wire to the starter terminal as well seeing as that will be where the current is coming from the battery?

i think the cable is for an alarm/imobiliser on my car

here's a pic of the wires, seems as if they are both standard and not from the alarm at all. how does the rest of the loom get power if the battery is ony connected to the starter? or do we attach these wires to the starter as well?

These wires branch off into numerous directions about 15cm from the battery so it seems like power needs to get here somehow!
    Last edited by welly_59; 06-06-2006 at 16:05.

ok welly,your thick whites in the mk2 loom need to go to various locations,you need to make sure one goes to the starter terminal so that the battery + is getting alternator charge,so make sure the thick white on the alt has continuity to the starter terminal.

Now you see the thick white and thick black in your mk1 M2 socket? well you need to connect these up to the thick whites as well so that the mk1 fusebox is getting power and so is the rest of the car....basically all of the whites are connected to each other so once you have powered up the thick black and white on the M2 and also connected to starter + make sure they all have good continuity to each other,including the alt terminal....phew!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

#-o #-o

my mind is getting boggled now, i havent started the swap yet, just moving the battery!

think i'll just find a way to connect the new +ve to the old +ve for now, and worry bout connecting it to starter and worry bout continuity between alt/starter/m2 when i actually do the swap!

sound ok to you?
    Last edited by welly_59; 04-12-2005 at 11:41.

ok,lets make it easy....for now mount your battery and run 1 thick cable from the battery + onto your starter terminal,and ask me again about the other whites that go onto the starter post when the time comes,its no biggy mate.

haha i think i need to buy a book 'wires for dummies'....

should i just cover and insulate the +ve cable terminal that currently goes to the battery?

yep you can do,just for now.

am gonna put a bid in on this now, should do the job especially as i've been struggling to find stuff which will fit my 25mm cable

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Phoenix-Go...QQcmdZViewItem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12