Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: V6's and MOT. What's the score?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    But yours is a Rev 1 chassis, Lee - so you'll go by that years test mate.

My tester doesn't even bother testing my emissions. He switches the machine on and puts the emissions tester on the floor and we talk about the weather or something. I get him a pint in off course like.

Quote Originally Posted by MRV6
    My tester doesn't even bother testing my emissions. He switches the machine on and puts the emissions tester on the floor and we talk about the weather or something. I get him a pint in off course like.
    My Grandad used to take his car to this dodgy dodgy fella who would pass ANYTHING, he passed a vehicle and when the owner was driving away from the garage the wheel fell off, rolled and destroyed someone standing at a bus stop. He got into a bit of trouble i think.lol

1989 / 2008 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 with 196 Bhp & 208 Ft-lbs @ 8 Psi
    Engine: Rev 1 3SGTE, HKS Super Sequential BOV, Magnecor 8mm HT Leads.
    Brakes: ST185 Single Piston Front Calipers, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Goodridge Steel Braided Brake Hoses.
    Other: Azev A 16" Alloys, Toyo T1-R Proxes oh and a TRD Oil Filler Cap - lol

Mine recently passed the whole test still registered as a 1600, not sure if they test emissions on cars that age though.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysfreak
    Mine recently passed the whole test still registered as a 1600, not sure if they test emissions on cars that age though.
    Does that not void your insurance or anything like that mate?

1989 / 2008 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 with 196 Bhp & 208 Ft-lbs @ 8 Psi
    Engine: Rev 1 3SGTE, HKS Super Sequential BOV, Magnecor 8mm HT Leads.
    Brakes: ST185 Single Piston Front Calipers, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Goodridge Steel Braided Brake Hoses.
    Other: Azev A 16" Alloys, Toyo T1-R Proxes oh and a TRD Oil Filler Cap - lol

The insurance know about the engine and arches etc.

MOT testing is bollox tbh, i always have a good look over my own cars at the same time when there on the ramps, sometimes it costs me the mot, most of the time if they see me showing an interest theyll just advise. Obviously while working in the garage my mots always passed ;) apart from my de-PAS'd 205 mi16 that had a non operational pas rack ffs.

Jason, if your car was tested on the mr2s age, thats fine, as above... ;)
    An eaton M112 WILL fit ;)

Cheers fellas, I seem to manage to pick complete muppets as testers. Had a similar problem last year which cost me a whole heap of work and scraped knuckles trying to put on a Catalytic converter that was never needed. Turned out he was trying to test it as a 3s-ge. This computerised system seems to really confuse testers.

I knew my car was going to fail on quite a few things, but it would have been good to have a list to work against. :)

Nevermind, looks like time is thin on the ground before I go offshore again, and I'll have to pick this up again when I get home. Would have been good to come back to a car ready to jump in and go :)

If you pull the passenger seat out, it is no longer classed as a passenger vehicle and not subject to a cat test regardless of age or engine. We only found this out due to our race cars needing MOT's to be legal for the championship regulations.

Lyndon.
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

IIRC u need to remove the seatbelt aswell when u do that. :thumbsup:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast