Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Audi V8

Fookin hell v8 mr2 madness ahoy mk1 v8 with out firewall mods and not cutting the tank wahoo, time to start saving the penny's methinks.

Plus buying audi v8s and kenobi gearboxs as these are bound to go up in value, like finding a good camry donor.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Yep it's exactly the same mods for you Steve , I thought my diagrams might help.
    Yes, I'm loving the details.

I've been looking into diagnostic scan tools for the 1997 S8 with AHC on my drive. Being a '97 it's a little unclear exactly which scan tool I need. The OBD-II port is confusing as it has wires out of 1,4,5,7 & 16. Which is just weird.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Steve all scan tools will hunt out the correct protocol being used at the plug, so no need to worry about the wiring order, the scanner will find the match.

EDIT: If it helps pin 4 is chassis ground, 5 is signal ground, 16 is power and pin 7 is the SIL (serial input line) protocol ISO9141-2
    Last edited by Paul Woods; 26-03-2011 at 17:27.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Right you are. I think I was getting confused with CAN BUS systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Steve all scan tools will hunt out the correct protocol being used at the plug, so no need to worry about the wiring order, the scanner will find the match.

EDIT: If it helps pin 4 is chassis ground, 5 is signal ground, 16 is power and pin 7 is the SIL (serial input line) protocol ISO9141-2
    Or maybe not. Got a U280 (most common eBay scanner), plugged it in and nothing, just sits there saying 'scan...' trying to get some sence out of the seller, but no joy so far.

Reading some conflicting stuff on the net. Anyone know what the red line and rev limit is with these? Do they vary across the slightly different models AHC/ABZ etc?

Does depend on age and variant. The RS-4 (414hp) heads upto 8250 while PW's one is 7k i think.

There used to be a website called rsmodels.net that had them all listed, can't seem to find it now :(

Quote Originally Posted by stevehall View Post
    Or maybe not. Got a U280 (most common eBay scanner), plugged it in and nothing, just sits there saying 'scan...' trying to get some sence out of the seller, but no joy so far.
    Just to follow up on this, the heatshield around the exhaust has dissolved and a bunch of the OBD socket wires had been melted together, U280 does work now it's been rewired.

:icon_biggrin:This is my baby is,nt it paul, god it looks sweet
    Last edited by GONE IN 4.5 SECONDS; 06-07-2011 at 14:07.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112