Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: building v6 turbo manifolds

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    good advice there lads,i will def have them coated inside and out .

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

This all looks very promising Paul, am watching with interest.
    As this will be useful for turbo or, presumably NA manifolds it may be a handy sticky in V6 section. Wish i'd made meself some manifold plates now#-o

Don\'t look back!

JB 3.0 litre V6 swap complete Undergoing taxiing trials

thanks jb,its a plumbing nightmate! two lots of inlet tracts merging together for the turbo inlet,two lots of outlet pipes thathave to merge together before the IC,exhaust downpipes,oil feeds,oil return lines to sump,water feeds! Ic to TB pipe! the list goes on!

The turbo manifolds will actually sweep up rather than down like the NA ones do,then the turbos sit on top of the manifolds...finding space for all of this in an already cramped bay is not fun,just got to suck it and see.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Paul my HKS tubby manifold also has the turbo above the manifold rather than below as this was originally designed for the rolla with the 4AGE as i allowed you to retain aircon and its gonna be interesting to see how much room this leaves as I know toni is using this manifold on her twincharge and it dont leave much clearance so know how you feel ! the upside is at least oil filter changes will be a bit easier and save me getting a filter relocation kit ! Do you envisage any issues with getting oil to the turbos in this type of set up ?

Oil feed is already there! i took the liberty of tapping into the oil pump last year,i think im going to run two hard lines to each turbo maybe with short braided oil pipes at each turbo (like the 4a-ge oil cooler ones).Im a bit worried about finding a suitable place on the sump to weld the return pipe..its got to be above the oil level in the sump and the v6 is tilted back making the sump sit funny,probably worrying about nothing,but its ultra vital the return has no restrictions at the sump including oil in its way.

Does anyone know where you can buy that braided oil carrying pipe from off the roll?

I have a very good link for oil related stuff.... 1 mo....

There you go... http://www.thinkauto.com/ << they sell everything oil system related you could probably ask for.... except oil!!! :-D

Goto online shop!!
    Last edited by Goldy; 03-12-2005 at 13:12.

Goldy top find there fella ! Paul do the lines to the tubby need to be hard lines for any particular reason or is it just the heat or routing issues ?

oh goldy consider yourself on my xmas card list! thats exactly what i need.

Sam nope no particular reason,they can be solid or flexi,as long as they arent in danger of kinking or something catastrophic like that! I was going to hard line all the way apart from the last few inches each end so that the hard line could have brackets welded to it and bolted onto spare bolt holes in the block...but after goldys marvy link i might just flexi it the whole way.

Cheers Paul, the only reason I ask is a lot of the people selling the turbos often say oil lines are readily avaialable from the likes of ebay and wasnt sure if this meant they were specific hard lines for a reason but thats ok now I know. Gotta say I like goldys link and may well have to get a filter relocation kit for the SC considering its being done every month at the latest at the moment and am fed up of doing them so that would be a godsend !

I found that site looking for an oil filter relocation kit... the prices seem pretty competetive!!! ..... I might buy one myself as the supercharger is going to obscure my oil filter, once it goes in!!...

Paul.... forget the xmas card and just fit me a v6 engine for free :lol:

P.s if anyone is thinking of building a charge cooler kit .... oil coolers make the best CC radiators :twisted:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast