Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: lyn's SC repaint

I'm liking that a lot Paul :thumbsup: Would write a lot more but the underside of a car is in my immediate future so will attend to that first, but damn is that looking nice, in fact it's brightened my crappy day considerably

Olber -

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

im sure it'll look great in the flesh, i definately wasnt a fan of the orange anyway.

Arkwright
    Paul she looks fabulous - thank you so much! I have a new seal for the side vent - it's the only seal that hasn't been replaced already so can I send it to you to use when you put her back together again please?

I can't get over how different she looks - she's amazing!

As for you Olber - :smack: :slap: - behave or I'll shut your finger's in the snappy till!!
    Last edited by Arkwright; 13-06-2008 at 09:04.

I had the chance to have a look at this under bright sunlight. What a cracking colour, amazing effect and has a nice deep look to it. I have to say I wasn't a big fan of the orange paint job but you are gonna be a happy bunny with this one.

Arkwright

Tiger is reborn

I collected my baby on Friday morning - all nice and shiny - from Mr. Woods. She is amazing and I am really happy with her - the orange is definitely and thing of the past - thank you both very much for all the time and effort you put into her for me.

We had a bit of a mad dash home because her MOT expired at midnight on the day I collected her so I also owe a big thank you to Owen for taking the day off work so we could collect her and get her back to South Wales in time for her date with the MOT-Man.

After a very smooth 284 mile journey home - and a whistle-stop at SWAT to fit a replacement passenger headlight unit - she arrived for her MOT.

The tester pointed out that her side lights were yellow - I pointed out that as an import they had been yellow for 22 years and the last 5 of those he had carried out her MOT and passed her! He looked a bit bashful and then said it must have been because she used to be yellow ;)

The next question was "does her fog light work" - to which my answer was "yes of course" but I then looked to the place where the fog light should have been (attached to the underside of the rear bumper) and it was missing - just a neat little hole where it had once been attached!! My turn to look rather bashful :blush:

The rest of the test went off without any hiccups and they gave me her certificate so she is now fully road legal again and a pleasure to drive and be seen in

A fact we celebrated by taking her to the Farnborough Airshow on Sunday - where she got covered in dust in the car park and is now in need a wash and polish...I see a lot of washing and polishing of her in my future :hidesbehi

Finally to go with the new colour she now has a new name – Attica. Believe it or not a lot of thought and consideration went into deciding on this name and there is a very reasoned explanation behind the choice too…but this post is too long already so I’ll save it for another day :thumbsup:

Once again...

THANK YOU

Certainly is a cracking job done on this one woodsy, I've only seen it when it was a bit dusty but you could generally see the quality of work gone into this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkwright
    I see a lot of washing and polishing of her in my future :hidesbehi
    I think before the shows someone might become very busy :)
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    that makes it all worthwhile,happy people all round... great stuff.

Ive just realised there's a foglight sitting in a cupboard here lol but if its any consolation it doesnt work :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Result! We expect to see lots of photos of "Attica" with picturesque backdrops!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567