Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance.....mk2 NA -> mk2 V6 ?

Nice one mate.

Always nice to get the insurance quote under 1k, sort of makes your mind up then.

Oh and Mog, I saw your recruiting skills on the OC, your doing well mate, just gota join me in pursuading matt to swap his now :)
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Quote Originally Posted by mark_a_thorpe
    Sky are the best! 986 under my own name! WOW :D
    :thumbsup: We seem to insure a lot of Two Brutal members!

I actually tried A Plan for a quote last week for a bit of market research.... they wouldn't touch my 1.5. HIC on the other hand would and they offered me a very good price but not quote as good as Sky ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Paff
    Nice one mate.

Always nice to get the insurance quote under 1k, sort of makes your mind up then.

Oh and Mog, I saw your recruiting skills on the OC, your doing well mate, just gota join me in pursuading matt to swap his now :)

Haha it must be just rubbing off on me!
    :ghey:

Well I'm now hunting for someone that'll do a swap cheap enough for me to afford (seeing as this wasn't planned!). Insurance is a GO, so just need to find a labourer :D As much as I admire Paul's work (very much so), this spur of hte moment decision means I can't afford the labour, the camry annnnd the insurance all in one.

Anyone have any suggestions of folks that are doing it cheapo stylee? And don't suggest I do it myself, as I'm useless, and rubbish and not capable :(

Dp it yourself mate, it won't be as hard as you think, i'm starting my build in the next week and the most i have ever done is change a battery and fix a wiper(which broke)

lol not a chance! I'm no good with this stuff! body work perhaps....styling tips, maybe, design work, drinking beer and seducing loose women....YES.....but transplanting engines....nuhhhhh uh dude! I can barely change brakes and the likes!

Where is Paff to convince someone when you need him lol

I'm not sure who would be able to do it for you though...

Here I am.

Seriously mate, give it a shot yourself. It will be the cheapest way. You might think its too much for you but its into a mk2, that makes it a lot easier and quicker for you.

Add to that you WILL learn a lot in doing the swap. and you get the satisfaction of turning round to people and saying I did that :)

Plus look how many people are here to help you out.
    Seriously its worth a go, and like Mark says, he's changed a battery before and now is gonna attempt it himself.
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Very encouraging I must admit....and fair enough he's changed a battery before and is giving it a bash, but it doesn't mean it's all gonna go smoothly!

For example...tools and the likes? What would I need? Then there's the wiring etc which looks like a bitch to do! Not to mention space! I have a garage, but would this mean leaving my car all open in the garage and having the camry sitting outside? I'm a busy lad, so it's not like I could do this in a week ysee :(

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast