Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: **hayward & Scott!! Please Read!!**

its all to do with the backbox and resonating chamber gubbins inside the thing. the 355 replica is a single transversley mounted backbox, the pipe from the manifold goes over the box and enters the sides from the back end of the side pannels, (you follow??) then two pipes each side come from the leading edge of the box and then head out towards the rear end of the car.

355 replica - its by the wooden shelves!!!!! :-

Compare that to mine with two sperate boxes and two feck off huge pies, it creates a compleatly different sound, both sound good though!!!

Mine:-

HTH

Matt
    Left the MR2 and defected to Celica ownership. Now own a very special mental white 190 show car. But sniffing round MR2's again....

Jus a side note, the 355 rep has a V6 in it.

Oh I see!!!!! (All makes perfect sense now!!)

yeah completely understand now you've explained that and showed me them pics, god the two exhaust systems are literally worlds apart in shape/style.

No wonder the exhaust note was soo different!

yeah both exhausts sounded beautiful btw, but im really liking that 355 rep's custom job thats stood by the wooden shelves, thats beautiful.

right...no question about it..next stop for me is Hayward and scott!! lol

thanks for ya help matt. :thumbsup:

Oh thanks for clearing that up olberJ.

im guessing thats why the engine is on the floor and the car on the lifts at woodpsort maybe?? lol

my bad... so the video of the 355 rep was obviously a demo video after paul had dropped the new lump in..its all making sense now!

So when i spoke to Hayward and Scott and he told me they'd never made a 3vz-fe exhaust system and matt's would be the 1st, im assuming he must of ment, they have never made a full system and matt's was gonna be the 1st... and that the item they made for the 355 rep was just the back box or something??

Can anyone clear that up???

was the 355 rep just a back box or full system???,

does anyone knwo the ferrari rep owner and any ideas on what the guy/girl paid for the system from H&S that produced that sound in the 1st video???

Cheers Guys,
    Tom. :thumbsup:

ps - sorry for all the questions.

Matt's sytem is and H&S Mk2 Turbo Backbox.

The 355 in the pics is a 355 replica backbox.

Matt is going in for a full 3VZFE, Manifold back sytem with the 355 backbox.

Hope that clears things up for ya. :thumbsup:

Totally mate...cheers!!

so people that dont want to spend out on a H&S manifold like matt is will still be able to get the ferrari rep's sounding exhaust by having the 355 rep's H&S back box on their 3vz-fe.

god if the 355 rep sounded that nice with just a back box, cant wait to hear that matt's car will sound like after the work!!!

Gonna be hot!! :thumbsup:

Tom.

Should produce some good gains too if it's done right.

Yeah i can imagine!! ;)

God im well excited to see the return of matt's car now.

I so need that setup! :thumbsup:

Tom.

Get yourself to AAS in Newcastle for a tubular setup like mine and MRV6's ... :)

But does your Exhaust note sound anything like that Ferrari 355 rep's does J?!?

i gotta say i love tubular manifolds etc... but essex is alot closer to me then newcastle my friend, and aprt from my car seeing woodsy i never travel that way!!

i suspect that the H&S manifold that matt will be getting may be of a similar tubular design.

Tom. ;)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast