Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gear ratio calculator

Sorry for the hijack and I presume this has already been done, but has anyone physically laid a MR2 tacho dial on-top of a camry one and seen if the graduations line up?

Cheers,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Here's my calculations for 235/40/17 tyres and it's bang on what my GPS says 3250 rpm @ 70.

Bob

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    they dont quite match up no owen,thats another factor in the inaccuracy,but its very little.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Hi Paul, this is something we touched on when I came to drop my car off but how does a conversion work when converted at Woodsport with a rev1 (mechanical speedo drive) gearbox? Will the dials read as as before, i.e. a slightly innacurate reading of 60 will still read as a slightly innacurate reading of 60, or is there more to it than that? Does it take into consideration the fact of tyre diameter differences? Afaik the factory tyre size for me particular engine is 205/50/15 where as I'll be running 195/50/15's.

Mike

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    hi mike,you dont have a v6 mate,yours is 4 cylinder so your tacho will read 100% spot on.

As for your speedo,that too will be pretty accurate,obviously depending on tyre sizes etc but nothing will be any different to when it was 4age'd,is day you will be within 5mph of the true speed.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12