Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: mk3 LSD diffs in a S54 box

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    lyndon i have reason to believe the sv25 model 4wd camry (only found in the US i think,but has S series trans) has a 0.73:1 fifth set that will fit an S54.... every other avenue i have looked at has drawn a blank,wiki says celicas are 0.73 but its bullshit as the EPC says its the same part number as the mr2 cogs.

Im going to bite the bullet soon and order them from toyota,it might cost a few hundred quid but it will be worth it if we actually find them

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    lyndon i have reason to believe the sv25 model 4wd camry (only found in the US i think,but has S series trans) has a 0.73:1 fifth set that will fit an S54.... every other avenue i have looked at has drawn a blank,wiki says celicas are 0.73 but its bullshit as the EPC says its the same part number as the mr2 cogs.

Im going to bite the bullet soon and order them from toyota,it might cost a few hundred quid but it will be worth it if we actually find them
    I'd defo have a set off you if they are a goer.

Lyndon.
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

no probs, ive tried to get a US breaker to send me the cogs but they are only interested in shipping a complete 4wd camry box.... twats!

Hang on,i thought i read somewhere that patrick had installed a longer 5th gear set in the VM180? im almost sure i read that on ROC? i must be wrong.

Anything i find out i will post here,im pretty confident the SV25 model camry ones will work.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    Hang on,i thought i read somewhere that patrick had installed a longer 5th gear set in the VM180? im almost sure i read that on ROC? i must be wrong.
    Patrick had installed? rotflmao

Tony had installed a 3.9:1 final drive from a UK NA onto the Torsen diff but that was about the size of it, no special 5th gear set.

I'll be second in the Q for this when (and if) it exisits, fingers crossed.

Lyndon.
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

right well we can rule the camry 4wd out now as well,i thought they were an S series box but they are E series.... bollox!

The search continues.... its getting annoying cos bloody wikipedia keeps insisting theres loads of toyota S trans with 0.73 5th...which is utter crap because the EPC says otherwise.

Ive been right through the EPC for every model that had an S series trans and cant find a single one with a different part number to the mr2 S54 fifth.

I wont give up though!

I wonder if the part numbers are sequential? Could you look up the part that is close then go up and down a few and maybe hit upon what you want?

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Toyota do work in some odd ways - but, then again, some brilliant ways.

It's deffo worth a shout though, Owenski.

what im actually doing on the EPC is looking at the 5th driven gear... given if it has a different number of teeth on it so will the 5th gear too.... so the s54 (mk2na) box 5th DG number is 33428-32050 ,problem being i cant find ANY other S series box,thats S51,S52,S53 or S55 that has a different 5th DG part number to this....meaning they all must be 0.82:1

wiki says theres a s51 0.73 ,so do other forums,but im damned if i can find it on the EPC,all roads point back to the S54 part number which we know is 0.82

Its very frustrating,but id dearly like to know who entered the 0.73 info into wiki as i think thats where other forums have copied the info from,im begginning to think an S series 0.73 doesnt actually exist.

Does the EPG cover the US markets as well?

I bet they've got confused and seen a 0.73 from a E Series tranny?

Was just about to say that Johnny, what version EPC have you got Paul as there's at least 3, USDM, JdM and UKDM or European it might be. No idea why they'd be different but worth a try if you only got 1 of the above.

Does it have to be an S-series box or is it just a case of those ones will definitely fit?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast