Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: mk3 LSD diffs in a S54 box

*reassuring nod, nod, wink, wink*

Has this actually been installed and tested yet? Very interesting stuff. Will it cope with V6 power levels?
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. :thumbsup:

the N/A box has been used ok for the V6 power levels - at stock V6 power... not sure about owt else though dude

Keep up big man. I was talking about the LSD:roll: :banghead:
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. :thumbsup:

*hangs head in shame*

... could be worse, could be welsh :P

Yeah i wouldn't have even replied if you were :hidesbehi

Could be wrong, does Nige have one in the Mk3.6?

I haven't heard of any N/A boxes going pop, the clutch would give up 1st.

I reckon the weight and price of a new one outweighs the supposed weakness of the box.

As for the LSD itself, dunno. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chris99
    Has this actually been installed and tested yet? Very interesting stuff. Will it cope with V6 power levels?
    Yes, we run the MK3 Torsen diff in the n/a box in that VM180 MRS 1MZ conversion we did. That car has been track day'd, raced and journo'd and hasn't missed a beat yet.

I have a plate type LSD going in mine, not sure who and where is came but other LSD options are out there.

0.75:1 Fifth gear set, the first to find this Mecca of cogs is going to be worshiped.:thumbsup:

Lyndon.
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    lyndon i have reason to believe the sv25 model 4wd camry (only found in the US i think,but has S series trans) has a 0.73:1 fifth set that will fit an S54.... every other avenue i have looked at has drawn a blank,wiki says celicas are 0.73 but its bullshit as the EPC says its the same part number as the mr2 cogs.

Im going to bite the bullet soon and order them from toyota,it might cost a few hundred quid but it will be worth it if we actually find them

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast