Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chargecooler rad?

Chargecooler rad?

It appears that the fiat cinq rad is popular for the st205 setup, is this just because it is cost efective? Would spending more net better results?

It will be a while before I am ready to go for the new engine/turbo setup, so may throw the cooler on my current engine.
    I will get my performance meter setup so I can do some comparisons prior/after the swap, should be interesting.

don't know how it will compare to a cinq rad, but I've gone for 2nd hand bike rad. It's smaller, probably lighter and easier to fit, and doesn't need reducers. Mine also has a cap so bleeding should be easier. Not fitted it yet but hopefully it'll do the job.

i started off by hoping to use a bike rad but bigger is defo better and if you have the space the cinq unit is pretty good. Murf uses it on his 1.5 and it er works very nicely

Does he put crushed ice into the rad aswell? lol

Damn straight it works nice. Uber nice.

Cinq rad is very lightweight construction with plastic end caps.

Cinq rad it is then:thumbsup: . Bought one on ebay for £41 delivered.

Does the cinq rad fit behind the centre strut thing, which I guess supports the slam panel? I'm tempted to swap the little bike rad for a cinq one now :roll:

Yeah, mine just fits between the support bar and engine rad.
    Olie, my ice theory will work, i'll prove it!!
    Mk1.5 No.13, sold and gone!

Has anyone done any temp checks?
    I'm wondering whether such a huge volume of water isn't just a bit overkill and you could actually use a smaller rad and less water (and therefore save weight).

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon
    Has anyone done any temp checks?
    I'm wondering whether such a huge volume of water isn't just a bit overkill and you could actually use a smaller rad and less water (and therefore save weight).

theres a guy on another forum who had put the st205cc in his mk2 tubby and just plumbed it into original side mount intercooler and used that as the rad, has to be about as light as you could get really

i have an astra mk2 rad on my charge cooler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast