Thread: charge cooler pump which would you go for?

charge cooler pump which would you go for?

looking for a charge cooler pump got a cheap on that i got with the charge cooler looks like one of the ones on ebay to me.

looked into those craig david pumps and a few people have had a few fail on them

just wondered if people have triedthepumps off a jag or subaru ? cant find a toyota one at the mo

pmfsl @ Craig David pump ... it's Davies Craig :)

They're meant to be ok actually.

something like this should be ok
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Charge-cooler-...QQcmdZViewItem

Who's tha think tha talkin te? Tha's nowt wrong wae me pumps...reet smelly them are.

86 Mk1.5 Eurosport - Black

My Garage
    The Mk1.5 Swap Thread
    The Bodykit Thread
    -----------------------------
    Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

them pumps are proper bo a tell thee ...

.... come here Kez, ye bastard ... come to Craaaig Daaaavid

thats what came with my charge cooler just wasnt sure if they are any good i ll give it a go

does anyone use an expansion tank with there charge cooler

a davies craig pump on a chargecooler will be alright. on an engine they come with a good reputation, but based on my own research (which i might add doesnt involve actually trying one for myself) they arent upto the job of moving coolant on their own. their free-flow figures are alright, but add in a restriction and theyre rubbish. which means you cant maintain higher pressure in the block to reduce the chance of localised boiling in the cylinder head, which is quite a major problem. so id avoid them for the cooling system

but as a charge cooler pump they will have little in the way of stress, will easily flow enough coolant, and should work just fine for the job :)

Ive got a bosch pump, its light, compact and works great.
    It flows well enough that when i popped one of the hoses off with the pump running it turned my front boot into a fountain and emptied the CC system of water in a flash!
    All over me!

Pump is the black cylinder just in front of the battery, just slightly smaller and lighter than the celica pump ;)
    Mk1.5 No.13, sold and gone!

Yup, got one of those pumps off eBay as pointed out by Johnny. It's got an Audi mark on it. Planning to use it with a Cinq radiator (Which weighs virtually nothing) and a Subaru Legacy Chargecooler. Got all the bits now apart from the actual water piping. Will be assembling things soon. :)

i got one of those pumps off ebay and wasnt to happy with it so now got a pump off a jag xk8 charge cooler