Page 4 of 184 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: My mk1 V8 (4.2 340bhp Audi AHC with 6 speed)

About time you had one of your masterpieces for yourself mate...well deserved!

Ki
    Today is the only cash you may ever have...spend it wisely on lots more toys!!!

this ones going to be sweet :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    Fannymoulds were bought here wob....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...B:EOIBSA:UK:11

Quality is good,downpipe needs slightly redesigning though,its not good for power and theres no flexi between the two banks so i will be rectumfying that asap.I will be using a 96 1mz non theft ecu i got from the US,also the camp is split at the moment as to wether the early 1mz is OBD2 or not,the yanks say they are OBD1 and changed to OBD2 in 98 or so... lyndon reckons they are all OBD2,but i dont have an OBD2 connector on my loom...so i dont really know... but this US ecu will fire it up and within 6months to a year it will get a link fitted.
    Yeh ive been talked into a Aftermarket ECU, i realy dont want to deal with OBD2 casue ive heard its a pain in the ass.

How will you change the down pipe? will you remove the right angle and make it more of a smooth flowing join?

Quote Originally Posted by MRV6
    I know, never mind the swap thread. We should start a "I've had a beverage" at Woodsport thread.
    Ha Ha sounds like its more likley to get a V6 thrown in ya MR2 than to get a coffee.

My god that's a monster! Please get video up when it's in!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    wob this is what i plan to do with the downpipe....

cut out the section between the red lines,turn the blue marked section 180* and Y it into the green area.... that way both downpipes are on the flexi,and its much better for flow..... only problem is it will be slightly unequal length downpipes but id rather have it that way than the way it is now.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

That's what you did on mine isn't it Paul? I reckon overall it works, still need to get it on a dyno sometime, but the old butt dyno says it all gets really going above 4k and all the way to the rev limiter like a Honda vtec.
    Go for it mate, it looks better too! :thumbsup:

About time you treated yourself Paul! And a silver mk1 as well... good choice :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing some pictures.. are you treating her to some wide arches?

He'll be treating her to some baby gravy as well i think, he's a kinky bastard - apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny g
    http://forums.twobrutal.com/showthread.php?t=9974

and yes if you give us an answer very quickly!!
    Now that i know what it's about, i haven't got the money for this long trip but i'm sure you will all have a great time.
    If it happens next year i will make sure i save up the money for it.