Page 2 of 184 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: My mk1 V8 (4.2 340bhp Audi AHC with 6 speed)

go for it paul about bloody tie to fella:thumbsup:

"A tattoo is an artificial pigmentation of the skin performed by a prick with a needle" .. sailor jerry Hawaii 1973

Quote Originally Posted by podge
    go for it paul about bloody tie to fella:thumbsup:
    ^^^
    Dito!... Nice one Paul

86 Mk1.5 Eurosport - Black

My Garage
    The Mk1.5 Swap Thread
    The Bodykit Thread
    -----------------------------
    Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    cheers chaps....goopage squishing out the heads is hermatite,i lightly smear both sides of the gasket faces,it fills any dimples in the mating surfaces and glues them down good n proper... it comes from my days of working on K series rover crap when nailing the gasket down with hermatite was a must,probably perfectly fine without it,its just something i do.Its also a must on the mk1 4a-ge around number 4 cylinder!

Fannymoulds were bought here wob....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...B:EOIBSA:UK:11

Quality is good,downpipe needs slightly redesigning though,its not good for power and theres no flexi between the two banks so i will be rectumfying that asap.I will be using a 96 1mz non theft ecu i got from the US,also the camp is split at the moment as to wether the early 1mz is OBD2 or not,the yanks say they are OBD1 and changed to OBD2 in 98 or so... lyndon reckons they are all OBD2,but i dont have an OBD2 connector on my loom...so i dont really know... but this US ecu will fire it up and within 6months to a year it will get a link fitted.

Superb engines tone,impressed with the little "tweaks" over the 3vz in certain areas

Lots of parafin used to clean the blocks colin and then a powerful jetwash to finish it off :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Was about to ask if you were going standalone, but I see you have already answered that. I hope that you are going to make this a Woodsport showcase with lots of trick parts :thumbsup:.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    yeah thats the plan matey,deck her out with everything we do here,but the priority is building a fast reliable car for brutalball 08.Cant wait to get behind the wheel of a mk1 again!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

good for u dude about time u got one u could boz round in this being this is the first mk1 toyota mr2 ive ever owened i can understand now why u and the rest of the lads like em so much ive vowed to get this bugger on the road this year no matter how much rot is in it i think it deserves a chance like a phoenix from the ashes it will be reborn.

You kept that project well under your hat mate.

Had a look over Woodsport yesterday, this is going to be a nice little project. Those manifolds look a good find but the y pipe needs modding. The car it's going into looks mean as feck.

Johnny believe it or not I had a cuppa tea over there yesterday. Well Anth made it, Paul still can't find the kettle.

Now there's a shock!!

I know, never mind the swap thread. We should start a "I've had a beverage" at Woodsport thread.

You and Anth would be the only people able to put mentions in there ... and he's not a member (well, he is :P) - so it'd be your own private thread!