Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Millentubby's V6 Swap.

Strangely enough...I was chatting to a mate tonight;

Before I started this V6 project I'd have shat a brick if someone told me my HG was gone, or a piston ring had broken - now I'm considering buying cars with dead HG's and fixing them up.
    Priorities change, passions do not.

Woo no holes in the chassis rails :D

New engine mounts have been made.

Hopefully...they'll be welded in by the end of tonight. Fookin yaass!

Fuel Pump will be getting done tonight too all being well.

Then it'll be painting day tomorrow...followed by general fannying about and putting the engine in the bay.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    good progress colin,you and olber have pocvipped valves on their way back as we speak too

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Awesome! Thankyou very much dude! Much Appreciated :)

Get that rear firewall built while the engine's out, otherwise you'll be doing what i did.

Nice one on the pocvipage Paul :thumbsup:

MT i'll either drop yours over when i come for the brake lines or if you wanna come over for the startup you can get it then.

Pick it up when I come to witness the startup? - nah mate, I'll want it before Christmas

:hidesbehi

Ooooonly joking :D

I'm working all weekend unfortunately - I'm sure we'll work something out - Jaffa's in Glasgow almost daily with work.

I'll jus be keeping your IACV then, you can try starting that all the way up to next February without it if you like :mrgreen:

Fuel pump pimped and pumped back in.

Rear firewall cut and a few tack-welds are holding the general shape. The design has been finalised and now we just need to get it made! Going for something very similar to the way Paul did Richards one.

Unfortunately circumstances were against us and we didn't get as much done over the weekend as I'd have liked.

Am seriously considering putting the project on hold for a few weeks so I can concentrate on Uni exams...we shall see.