Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My testresults 3S-GE vs. 3VZ-FE and videos

Quote Originally Posted by 3VZ-FE
    The torque/power curves crosses at 5250 when hp meets lb/ft at the same y-axes. Here you have 2 y-axes, kW/power on the left and Nm/torque on the right side, the curve's crossing is random and means nothing. :)

Ahh, my mistake, also it would be 9549rpm used to work out calcs and not 5252rpm due to it being kw and nm instead of bhp and ft/lbs

My car is a 1991 with a1994 175hp 3S-GE.

Yes my 0-100km/h test results are not able to put them to other cars.
    We have now this discusion in germany too.
    The Toyota testresult is around 8 seconds, car magazines test the MR2 between 8 and 9,3seconds. Some drivers in germany get 7,5s with small tyres.
    My car use big 18" rims and I test with full tank.
    The I have a problem with my gearbox, if I shift from 1 to 2 gear I must wait a half second for shifting and I start very moderate wiht only 2000rpm.

But I test the 3VZ-FE under same conditions! That why 9,9s for 3S-GE and 7,4s for 3VZ-Fe are good times to see the different.
    I think a good driver will get around 6 to 6,5s with the 3VZ-FE.

Correct, 0-100km/h are the same like 0-62,5 miles and I test the real speed with GPS not with the tach!

Now I correct my testresults to miles.

Quote Originally Posted by hot-chili

Now I correct my testresults to miles.

No dont, Miles is incorrect.

I like Kilometers:thumbsup:

All metric dates you can find in our german forum:
    www.mr2forum.de
    or ask me.

I will show you a new dynorun map.

red and black are my old and green is a friend with his tuned 3S-GTE with 1.45bar pressure on the turbo, it´s very powerfull. He has double hp like my 3VZ-FE! ;)
    What is very intersting, up to 3000rpm turbo and V6 are the same power output.

We make a very big dynorun at 27.09.2008 here in germany with around 15 different MR2. I will show you the results later.

Her my new V6 dyno run:

Attention:
    - I use not rpm for the x-scale, I use km/h (1km/h = 0,60 miles/h) because we get not exact rpm output and the km/h are very exact.
    - I use in all diagrams kw not hp (1kw = 1,36 hp)
    - I use in all diagrams Nm not lbs/ft (1Nm = 0,73756 lbs/ft)
    - All diagrams in german DIN engine hp not wheel hp
    - To get rpm and not km/h you must multiple all 3S-GE/3VZ-FE km/h scale with 36 (60km/h * 36 = 2160rpm at 4 gear) This base on 225/35/18 or 235/40/17 wheels.

I test my V6 with different ignition timing, first run at normal 10° and second run at 15° ignition timing. I use very high 98 octane fuel for both runs.

There was a very big surprise, I lost 9hp!!! with 15° ignition timing. It seems that the 3VZ-FE ignition control can not handle the earlier ignition timing.

Now my V6 against 170hp and 156hp 3S-GE:

Now the finish result of all 5 engine types.
    This result is realy special, because it compare 5 different engines at the road speed and not with rpm! So you can see better the real road result!

You see that the V6 goes better then all other engines until 90km/h (55miles) if you use the short S54 tranny from the 3S-GE. Then the turbos run away to very high power output.

I have a big mistake at my V6 torque diagram.

I have a big problem with my rpm tach. It shows not the correct rpm and the dyno station think that I drive a higher rotation as it realy is.
    I change the back plate of the tach into the V6 plate but it is not correct.

At my last dyno run fuel cut was at 8500rpm!!! But real it is at 6800upm.
    Now the dyno station correct the torque after kw x 6550 / rpm.

Thats why I get wrong torque diagram.
    I think my torques must be around 260Nm (191ft/lbs) not 228Nm.

Now I must wait to my next dyno run to test the correct torque.

Now I correct my wrong V6 diagrams. I make a rpm correction about my wheels and the 4 gear with 4,05

Here now my old V6 torque (black pointed) and new Nm curve (yellow pointed) at the power KW curve (big black) change nothing.
    The bottom scale is km/h (1,6 km/h = 1miles) not rpm.

My V6 has now 153,3KW= 208,5PS at 162,5km/h (102miles) at 4 gear, this are 5850rpm and 287Nm at 125km/h (78miles) at 4 gear, this are 4500rpm

Here are all curves of 5 german engines, 3S-GE with 156PS, 3S-GE with 170PS, my V6, 3S-GTE GEN3 at 1bar and GEN3 Turbo at 1,4bar.

Good to see, that the V6 is better then the turbos until 90km/h or 3200rpm and that the V6 has 50-60% more torque then the 3S-GE.

Lovely work there.

V6 has most torque of all engines up to 90kph, and has boat loads more at lower cruising speeds around town of 60kph. Sound very nice.
    Yes!! I finally have an engine for my Flinstone style Mk2. a 3sge.

0-63 9.9s in a 3S-GE? Isn't that MUCH slower than it should be?? Or am I misreading?

edit.
    Regarding the first post on the first page information only.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234