Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V6 Conversion

V6 Conversion

Hi reckoned maybe I should share a few thoughts and pics just in case anybody out there is considering or interested in a V6 conversion!
    Paul's turbo car at JAE set me off but when I read his superb 385 000 page V6 article, for me it seemed like no contest. All that torque from a lovely V6 with NA reliability.
    I'm not sure I can be arsed to keep a proper diary, Paul's already done a great one and at my age I can't afford to waste time so my ramblings will just fill in a few bits which he forgot about or glossed over :!:

Mk1 with engine and box removed + Camry donor (actually 2nd donor in photo) 1st donor already broken and gone; purchase 650; sale of parts 700+; so V6 engine cost ?-50 :D

1st donor ready for engine removal

Since engine has to be converted from auto and flywheels have to come from states I had to make do :( with 10lb Fidanza! This engine's torque with this flywheel - I can't wait :twisted: :shock: :lol:

Unfortunately once I started work on this engine I found it probably needed 300+ spending on it. Top end gasket set 180 :cry: Who says two heads are better than one.

So :idea: what else can you do :?:

Last weekend bought another Camry only 450 so this engine should cost me ?-250 Would you believe my Mrs drove with me 230miles to collect it from Colchester and she purred all the way back without a murmer or overheating. They don't make em like that these days :!:
    NOTE TO SELF buy bunch of daffs 8)

For those who might be planning a V6 swap this is where you find the COR on the Camry and the method of removal :roll:

All suggestions, criticisms (constructive or otherwise) welcomed

Don\'t look back!

JB 3.0 litre V6 swap complete Undergoing taxiing trials

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    nice one JB,i love the COR removal technique pic......basically chop the shit out of the glove box!!! i did the same! keep the pics coming.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

thats a fairly clean mk1 there!.. whats the year?.. was it a run around before?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Adam if I answer your question I may get chucked out of Mk1 owners club. Its an F reg but had a front end early in life and was rebuilt with an early bumper and front spoiler but the job was well done and it is in excellent nick. 53k when I bought it now about 59k.

Don\'t look back!

JB 3.0 litre V6 swap complete Undergoing taxiing trials

bliss! clean example.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

cool look forward to the next episode, im seriously considering the v6, what is the 0-60, top speed and mpg approx?? also where is pauls v6 conversion page? i cant find it
    Last edited by mart1975; 26-02-2006 at 19:16.

its in the downloads section.

thanks, great article paul :clap: will start collecting parts soon for the conversion. hope you can help in the future with any probs i might come across.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    no probs mart,all the help you need is here,lodge and JB will also be able to help...the v6 is a stonking engine.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Sweet another V6!!! And a fine looking ride to receive it .
    I should have my 1mzfe swap running next week sometime, got my standalone last week.
    Once she fires all I have left is exhaust, I cant wait.
    I will post some pics for ya soon Paul.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast