Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Extending Ratios on mk2 NA box

having a .73 ratio would add 12mph to fifth gear at 4000rpm...

na box

has eny one looked into the corolla diesel 5th gear, the diesel runs half the revs ov a petrol" so i was told by my dad lol"

I checked again today and with standard 15" wheels fitted and brand new 225/50 tyres my NA is doing 3250 rpm @ 70mph GPS indicated. And 3750 rpm @ 80 mph.

Bob

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    has anyone actually got a NA celica gearbox they can count the 5th gear teeth on for us please? this needs confirming or denying one way or tother!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Paul, I've got the Celica box from the engine you've got of mine but hardly any tools here. What do I need to do to get at the gear? :D Maybe I can give it a bash.

mike just take the end cover off the gearbox,its held on by 7 or 8 12mm bolts.... take the cover off and count the teeth on both of the gears.

If they are the right ones can i buy them off you mate? although they do need a puller to get them off so might be tricky!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Okay, sounds easy enough. Just found out my old man wanted the box out of his shed though so it's currently residing at his garage. Probably be a few days before I can get my hands on it but if you can wait I'll take a look for you. ;)

brilliant mike,thats spot on mate.

Out of interest where are people finding the 0.73 for Celica's 5th gear ratio? I've read it on various forums but when I google for it I see the stated 0.82 figure... for instance.

http://celica.dublet.org/reference.pl?celica=ST202I

The rest of the info looks realistic so I'm inclined to believe it. We still check it out for sure though.

mike this very thread and wiki suggests 0.73 for the celica 5th.....its not until i dived into the EPC i find the same part numbers for all NA celicas and mr2 gearbox 5th gears.

We just need to bury the wrong information once and for all i guess.

Ive also heard a camry 2.2 5s-fe has a 0.73 5th,but when i look that up in the EPC it too comes back with the same part numbers as the mr2.

I think from now on we need real world experience and not what the internet says,so by diving into your celica box we will know for sure mate

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast