Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Extending Ratios on mk2 NA box

Think that's what Tone i offering, 5th gear from an ST165, should fit your e-series tubby box no problems.

I'm reading this and I'm confused...what exactly is wrong with the S54 gearbox fitted to NA's as it is?
    You are saying that with a different 5th gear you can get 71 mph @ 3500rpm. My NA @ a GPS indicated 70 mph is only doing 3250rpm. Where is the problem, I cant see that fitting a V6 would change this, or am I missing something. If I am can someone explain please.

Bob

I am thinking that becuase the V6 only revs to 7k max and the 2.0 8k max it seems more laboured.

Don't know why the actual figures are higher though. Anyone?

I think Wardies calculation about the standard na box is about correct, as I get 4000rpm at about 70mph.

I can only assume that this is down to the fact that when swapping the Camry tacho board into the MR2 the scaling of the MR2 face is different to the one in the Camry, which is pretty much what Paul W told me. There isn't any gearing between the V6 and the NA box so mph per rpm shouldn't change.

I think I'm going to have to look into some way of sorting out some sort of electronic converter/divider to change the 6 pulses per rev of the V6 to 4 pulses per rev to allow the use of the original NA revcounter. I can't be doing with a Rev counter that's innacurate...you can buy off the shelf units that work ok, can't be that hard to sort out.

Bob

There's a company that recalibrates our mk1 rev counters, maybe get them to do the mk2 one too?

If you find a box of tricks that converts the 6 cylinder signal to a 4 cylinder, then I'm in for one.:thumbsup:
    I'd like to get my digital tacho reading correctly. Mind you, the digi dash has a cool feature that causes the tach display to flash around 6k on its original scale which is about when the 3vz hits 4k and starts to howl and go for it!

has 4v6 still got these bits or has tony given em to hasad.

I search a longer final drive or a longer 5th gear for S54 tranny too.

We need in germany a longer gear ratio for the V6 or the V6 stop at 145miles.

The Original S54 from 3S-GE has 3,944, the 5S-FE has 4,176.

There are longer final drive from another car modell which fit into the S54 tranny??

Did nobody have alle the Toyota gearboxes drive rates?

Is it possible to use the longer Camry final drive inside the MR2 Turbo tranny?

Here are all gear rates I know:

If the Camry is definitely an E153 then the Final Drive should definitely fit in the Mr2 Turbo box.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast