Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Extending Ratios on mk2 NA box

hmmmm...where are you guys located?
    Priorities change, passions do not.

dunno if u seen my thread but those final gears would be better but the first ones on the camry box would be wasted even more.. ive just plugged them into my program and the results show that most of first gear is well over the max traction, over twice what the tyres can handle..

that is assuming the same final drive, but that cant be right imo, must be a lower final drive, down in the high 3's, i would hope..

from what ive been looking at, i think just changing the final drive would make the box much more useful..

how can i post up an excell doc and then u can all have a look...

Sports Toyota Breakers
    Long way away matey - PE20 3RS.

TBTS?

Someone in the Boston area?

how much of an inprovement are the st162 ratios - 10% ?

as an example the calcs show 82 mph at 4000 rpm with the same wheels and final drive as s54 box but s162 5th etc etc as opposed to 73 @ 4000 with the ratios shown for the s54 box.. but im thinking there are some tweeks to be made..

have a look, but its not perfect yet..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Aye, so it's just the 5th gear that needs replacing.

Kepp 1-4 as good as it is and lengthen the 5th out a bit, looking at what, 3500ish for 70mph?

yep shows 71 at 3500. i'm still tempted by finding a six speed option, the new celica box for example and some major engineering!!

does anyone know any s series final drive options? because first is so short i hardly use it!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny g
    TBTS?

Someone in the Boston area?
    I am in Grantham.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast