PDA

View Full Version : Blitz Access ECU

Charged
11-10-2007, 15:22
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering what the potential BHP gains are from having a Blitz Access ECU installed? Apparently these ecus can not be mapped in the UK.. what exactly would the ECU do? Sorry for the muppet questions :thumbsup:

Cheers

Ollie

mad955i
11-10-2007, 15:27
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering what the potential BHP gains are from having a Blitz Access ECU installed? Apparently these ecus can not be mapped in the UK.. what exactly would the ECU do? Sorry for the muppet questions :thumbsup:

Cheers

Ollie

Not answering the question, but; if you were going to re-map your car you'd just use a MoTeC (or perhaps Emerald, if you're on a budget), which can be mapped by just about anyone that knows what they're doing.

I've had experience with quite a few Japanese ECU's and on the whole they're a waste of time and money, they're more about flashing lights than practical application.

Regards

weegaz22
11-10-2007, 15:27
would be the same as any other standalone ecu ollie, the power you get is only going to be as good as the guy mapping it, and if no-one in the uk currently does it id say thats your question answered

biteme
11-10-2007, 15:28
It's not a mappable ECU.

It basically allows teh boost cut threshold to be icreased, some slightly more aggressive mapping for the midrange and also it removes the speed limiter. My mate saw 27bhp gain on his (but his was chargecooled with a Stage 3 Hybrid, decat on a Rev 3 - running 1.2bar).

Charged
11-10-2007, 15:31
thanks a lot, much appreciated.

weegaz22
11-10-2007, 15:33
It's not a mappable ECU.

It basically allows teh boost cut threshold to be icreased, some slightly more aggressive mapping for the midrange and also it removes the speed limiter. My mate saw 27bhp gain on his (but his was chargecooled with a Stage 3 Hybrid, decat on a Rev 3 - running 1.2bar).

so its more or less a blitz version of a mines ecu?

biteme
11-10-2007, 15:35
i'd say less lol

mines is apparently better ... but personally scrap them both and get a MoTeC M4 / Link G3 / Hydra Nemesis if you're gonna tune a 3SGTE

msherry21
11-10-2007, 15:35
exactly.

Sports Toyota Breakers
11-10-2007, 15:46
I know lots people with very good results with these fitted to ST205's, but it is pot luck what it will be mapped for.

Murf
11-10-2007, 19:32
Yeah, the GT4 owners club are going nuts for these at the moment!
I had one and it was a good upgrade, noticeable power and torque increase but they are going for £400 odd quid now and you can get a standalone ecu for not that much more :)

snowtigger
11-10-2007, 19:47
wot ecu would u use if turboing the v6 have read on here that some one was building a piggy back ecu for the camry but it has no turbo function .

weegaz22
11-10-2007, 19:56
id imagine you would need a aftermarket ecu

not cheap, then time to map it properly to your engine spec

dunno what the v6 trd charger boys are using, but thats going to have functionality for boost pressures

OlberJ
11-10-2007, 20:03
They're running stock ECU as it'll handle about 5psi of boost.

Jeremy Edwards was building the custom ECU thingy, but he's off elsewhere and looks like he's ditched the idea. Or found better "marketing" uses for it.

There's a few options running about, think about £600 for the units then mapping.

Well worth the money to get the most out of your engine.