PDA

View Full Version : mk1 with mk2 ARB and adjustable droplinks.

msherry21
19-08-2007, 16:11
More bloody suspension threads by me!!

Does anyone have the above setup and if so, did you adjust the drop links? I'm wondering if mine is setup right. I have my droplinks as short as they go, Is there a guide or can anyone tell me how long the droplinks should be? with a rev3 ARB I think its 22mm If I remember correctly.

lodgeman
19-08-2007, 18:35
i have the mk2 arb but not the adjustable droplink, just the camry/carina/celica ones on the rear with adjustable on the front. with the front i had to cut mine down a little to get to fit as they were too long. the sort i have is the sort that is a threaded bar with a plastic cover over the top, not sure where they came from now. if you have the solid bar ones i suppose its a cut and weld job?

rear
http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/images/recovered/2006/04/135.jpg

Jiff Lemon
19-08-2007, 19:08
Yup, I did the same as the lodgeman :)

adamh
19-08-2007, 21:44
are the lengths of the links important?, as far as i can understand as long as they are the same length they are doing relatively the same job no matter the angular position / length of each.. ?

i say no matter the position , if the arb was vertically aligned with the link it would have no travel/torsion and be rock solid. at the horizontal you have the most travel / biggest lever acting on the pivot / most responsive i'd imagine.