PDA

View Full Version : Just a quicky. Two connections?

Shorty
04-08-2007, 19:48
I`m just getting myself some knowledge in the wiring business and noticed something. It says in Pauls wiring guide that the starter has two connections. One is the live feed from the batt and the other is a brown connection solenoid thingy. Now i can find the brown it is supposed to connect up with, but on the starter itself, there is nothing to connect to.

There are two on my starter, one is straight to the batt, and the other is connected on the lower rear side on the starter. Am i missing one or is the rev3 different?

podge
04-08-2007, 23:54
thw other connector if its the one im thinking of powers up the loom i think its the white wire on thhe m2 or is it the black cant think at the mo but its one of them and it connects to the same connector as the bat live

Shorty
05-08-2007, 00:40
I`m gonna check that tomorrow but at least is not a brown connector as in the guide. Strange really as it`s a brown connector on the loom? I did see a plastic shrink plastic on the bottom of the starter but no wire inside. Wonder what happened there,,,,,

I`ll take some photos tomorrow:)

MartG
06-08-2007, 08:57
On the Mk1 loom the starter wire from the relay is black with a white stripe. Same on the AE101 GZE loom too, so may be common colour code for Toyota

HTH