PDA

View Full Version : Wiring rev2 3sgte

robwsurf
20-10-2005, 17:56
Started the wiring and found all of the wires for the N1 connector. The only thing is some of the wires should have dots on them but dont, has anyone else found this? just want to check i havent made a mistake.

I also have a couple of pipes missing, what do the two pipes on the inlet manifold connect to? is it bov and wastegate?

Also have a pipe on inlet housing on turbo not attached does that go to wastegate?

Also looks like 2 little pipes on dizzy cap what are they for and where do they go?

One last thing i took a closer look at the gearbox the speedo drive on the box isnt a cable its electric does that unbolt and mk1 bolt in?

adamh
20-10-2005, 18:58
them two holes on the dizzy cap.. i think they are for air to stop it condensing inside when it gets warm, and not attatched to anything

the turbo vac pipe that attatches to the turbo actuator diaphram?...pictured in green..

not sure about the inlet mani pipes..

pix would help ;)

i'll check my wires for non dots t'mrow, i think they are kosha tho.. dots included

Paul Woods
20-10-2005, 19:00
rob dont worry about the black dot issue,as ive said before toyota changed wiring details on various models,on the N1 work on location and approximate colour,it should be right.If in any doubt about certain wires just ask.

Can we see a pic of the two pipes on the manifold? then i will know.

Yes the pipe on the turbo housing goes to wastegate actuator,then the other pipe on the actuator goes to your T-vsv thats under the inlet manifold (big goldy lookin solenoid).

Yes you have an electronic speedo in yer box,you need a rev1 turbo mechanical speedo drive,the electronic one unbolts and pulls out the mechanical one slots in,screw on mk1 cable job done.

Paul Woods
20-10-2005, 19:02
damn you hutchison and your speedy replies!:lol:

robwsurf
20-10-2005, 20:02
wont let me post pics have to take them at lower res tomorrow,

the pipes are the ones just above the plate on the the plentium chamber saying 2000 twin cam

also my wastegate only has one place for a pipe so how do i fit it?

robwsurf
20-10-2005, 22:37
Will the speedo drive from a n/a rev 1 work too?

adamh
20-10-2005, 23:01
i got a hunch that pipe yer talking about is the egr vac pipe.. go's to the egr valve.. confiormation req'd.. useless i know.. :oops:

Paul Woods
21-10-2005, 06:50
no rob,rev 1 na drive is different,not as beefy where it enters the box....ooeeer.

djdna2000
21-10-2005, 10:33
no rob,rev 1 na drive is different,not as beefy where it enters the box....ooeeer.

Like throwing a woodbine down Northumberland Street? :D

Paul Woods
21-10-2005, 17:21
that sounds like a girl i used to date... :ha:

robwsurf
21-10-2005, 19:37
worked out the piping today was the egr, and got insurance quote ?710 full comp good for me was ?465 TPFT on mk 1 before! warwick-davis.co.uk

Starting install on monday when i got workshops to myself for the week! no kids in college. hope to have it done by fri and on the dyno for setup, want to make sure it doesnt lean out through rev range.

Will take a load of pictures too maybe video of start up and dyno runs

Paul Woods
22-10-2005, 07:34
absolutely mate,lots of vids and pics! you really think you can pull this off so quickly? some achievement i have to say,right behind you.

robwsurf
22-10-2005, 21:35
I hope so, as long as everything goes to plan, yes. Might be pushing it a little though i think but hey we ll see,

Starting to think you might be right though! If my cv joints and driveshaft doesnt arrive on monday!

Paul Woods
23-10-2005, 09:53
hats off if you do it sir,i dont think i could do it that quick.

adamh
23-10-2005, 10:12
yep.. it knocked me sideways and that was just the mechanical part.. my bath was extremely black after that week.. I had to.... clean it :eek:

Paul Woods
23-10-2005, 10:21
its a bugger when your woman catches you with a bath full of car parts though isnt it mate! it just makes such a nice degreasing tub!

Marksman
23-10-2005, 12:48
its a bugger when your woman catches you with a bath full of car parts...

I took the easy way out and bought her a MK1, now she can't moan that my car bits are all over the place as chances are they'll be her bits next time :wink:

Good luck with the rest of the swap,

Owen.

randolph
01-04-2006, 18:57
hi paul,can you help me with this one please.does the rev2 ecu goes into leap mode when its not reading the speed signal.thanks,randolph.

Paul Woods
01-04-2006, 19:02
hi randolph,welcome to TB....my speedo cable broke on my 1.5 a few months after completion and i was driving around with no speedo until i got it fixed,this meant no speed signal was being sent to the ecu and i was getting the engine management light coming on above 3000rpm.I didnt seem to lose any power it just threw the light on so in answer to your question id say no it doesnt go into safe mode with no speed signal but it does record the code and put the light on.

Are you having a problem with speed signal?

robwsurf
01-04-2006, 19:04
no it doesnt it give you an error code and a light on the dash above 3200rpm for 8 or more seconds if i remember right