PDA

View Full Version : ECU Code check on 3vz

Fizzy
08-07-2007, 15:58
Hi,

Just to confirm - in order to do an ecu code check on the 3vz ecu, is it stil a case of jumpering TC and E1 connectors on the engine bay diagnostic port?

Doesn't seem to be working for me, and I'm trying to get some codes out of the ABS unit too. (see post in mk2 area ;) ).

JMR_AW11
08-07-2007, 16:07
Hi,

Just to confirm - in order to do an ecu code check on the 3vz ecu, is it stil a case of jumpering TC and E1 connectors on the engine bay diagnostic port?

Doesn't seem to be working for me, and I'm trying to get some codes out of the ABS unit too. (see post in mk2 area ;) ).

it's TE1 and E1 that you are meant to link for engine ECU codes.

Fizzy
08-07-2007, 16:12
Just spotted that myself. :D The ABS guide definately states TC and E1 though - even has a picture.

So I take it Te1 is engine codes, and TC is for a general test connector?

Considering that my car was originally a uk na, then a turbo, now the v6, I've no idea what state the test connector wiring to the abs side of things is like, or if its different in the camry..?

May just have to check everything out one at a time and see if problem goes away. Probably leaves only way to clear the abs codes is disconnect the battery though.