PDA

View Full Version : urgent help driveshaft bolts and c-washers or whatever they are called

Paff
18-05-2007, 16:41
Sort of need the bolts to hold the driveshafts in one peice and toyota don't seem to sell just them.

anyone have any idea what else can be used (ie decent tensile strength bolts and the thread I'd need etc.) or where I can get some of these from really really soon.

Cheers
Paff

Paul Woods
18-05-2007, 18:16
camry bolts are identical paff! i'll swap you a set of driveshaft bolts for a set of mk1 flywheel bolts :thumbsup:

Paff
18-05-2007, 18:23
done, will have to sort you the bolts after this weekend tho, not gonna be able to get my spare engine down till then if thats ok. Do the camry ones have the little c shaped bits of metal as well then :)

Damn this is all hard work :)

Oh and I'll put them in with the CV's I owe you, my old dear hasn't had chance to post them yet but will sort it all possibly monday.

Oh how easy are they to get off the camry as could borrow Sams for the purpose I need and replace them with the ones you send. (his spare Camry so don't worry its not his working one).

you are a lifesaver paul

Paul Woods
18-05-2007, 18:27
hi mate,yeah i'll throw in the C clamps as well,dont say i never treat you lol

If you could post the bolts and CV's out on monday id really appreciate it,i need both for cars im doing next week...i will get your camry driveshaft bolts and C clamps out on monday as well :thumbsup:

Paff
18-05-2007, 18:30
I'll give it a shot, Paul, the CV's will be no prob, the bolts depends on me getting my spare engine, altho I may have something I can borrow them off as well if I can't get to my engine quickly and replace them afterwards.

Tis all fun this car stuff innit :)

Paul Woods
18-05-2007, 18:35
cheers mate,much appreciated....aye its fun alright!

cantfindausername
18-05-2007, 18:37
I had to buy these bolts when I had my CV cages done. They're about 99p each.

90110-10007 - bolt
43489-17010 - C shaped washer.

Part Numbers might not be 100% as they're from the online EPC.

AlunJ
18-05-2007, 19:31
Gonna have to make a note of these and take em up to Paff tomorrow (if he doesn't get online by then). Was at Toyota trying to get the parts earlier and the parts guy went through the mk2 turbo parts cat with me trying to find them and was having no luck at all.

They were willing to sell us them attached to some new shafts though :rant:

Paul Woods
18-05-2007, 19:37
i concur with those part numbers,spot on.

cantfindausername
19-05-2007, 10:07
Gonna have to make a note of these and take em up to Paff tomorrow (if he doesn't get online by then). Was at Toyota trying to get the parts earlier and the parts guy went through the mk2 turbo parts cat with me trying to find them and was having no luck at all.

They were willing to sell us them attached to some new shafts though :rant:

The guy's obviously a Barry Scott. Give his a slap round his face and tell him he's talking shite. :thumbsup:

OlberJ
19-05-2007, 13:40
I was speaking to a Phillip Scott the other day on the phone, took his credit card details and i said, "Can i have your name as it appears on the card please."

"Errr, well it's Barry Phillip Scott"

I damn near pissed myself.

"Aye, very funny, now you know why i call meself Phil"

Poor lad was a builder aswell, must have got it tight. lol

adamh
20-05-2007, 10:10
barry scott?

Paul Woods
20-05-2007, 10:16
i was wondering the same thing adam! but i didnt want to look like a muppet by asking lol

adamh
20-05-2007, 10:30
its like al said 'great minds think alike'.. but i forgot the rest :) . now come on chaps whats all this cryptic love talk about?..

OlberJ
20-05-2007, 17:52
Barry Scott (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPONH2j4In8)