PDA

View Full Version : Well that was easyer than expected !!!

foxy-stoat
28-04-2007, 16:33
Thought i'd change the sparkys in the V6, as i have done just over 10,000 now.....and bugger me you can get to the rear bank with just an extension bar and a wibbler !!!! :thumbsup: :jump:

just had to remove the engine cover latch and thats it !

I did notice that the inlet maniflold was 'kin hot when i was changing the plugs.....so not sure if the intake temperatures reduce the power by much...i know on turbos you want them as cooool as possible.

Maybe it needs some cooling there....anyone know if its worth it?

burner
28-04-2007, 20:00
well there's not a lot I can help you with on this subject. Just wanted to say, hell that makes me feel so confidant your at 10k well not just that it's you, PW and all the other v6' ers on here. It's a well nice little gang of peeps here not just the v6'ers everybody, everyone helping each other out.. Well can't wait to join in and start going to some meets with you guys..

foxy-stoat
28-04-2007, 20:04
yup 10K since november...DOH !

Yea...good bunch of peeps on here.....some of us are a bit...CCCOOOOOOK-KOOOOO !!!

:jump:

burner
28-04-2007, 20:16
I wasn't going to say anything, especially when the knowledge some people have would be lost for ever if they ended up in a loony bin..

I thought you had limited mileage on your car wayne of 5k, isn't 10k above that or an I just bad at maths.. I got a quote for £1200 with the flowing stuff done, I said 240bhp and on 6000k a year and a criminal conviction at 24 isn't too bad I think.. Sky are the only company that will insure me I know of, not even A-plan or Footman James..

P.s sorry for hijacking your thread

foxy-stoat
28-04-2007, 20:43
nope, i had it insured for £5,000 and unlimited mileage !

Sky and A plan will both use Ensign @ Lloyds.

Mine is £500 but i am 31 !!!

burner
28-04-2007, 20:55
can't you put a good word in for me to price of being legal down :) I should have Pm'ed you last week I was working in Lewes and could have popped over to see you.. i'll let you get back to your question now...

foxy-stoat
28-04-2007, 21:09
arrrr, just spotted you have a criminal conviction....underwriters dont like them !!!! i used to be an insurance broker and they love to lump the premiums up!

arrr, lewes just down the road from me...next time your in the 'hood let me know, if you wanna looksee at the v6 !

:)

Garbe
29-04-2007, 09:47
yup 10K since november

thats some shakedown test.rotflmao

Excellent news though,

I didn't think you could get to the rear bank plugs, can hardly get yer hand down there,
Unless you have girly hands lol

OlberJ
29-04-2007, 13:33
Is it the same on the mk1?

Garbe
29-04-2007, 14:21
Is it the same on the mk1?

the MK1 rear panel is modified and you can replace it with a plate so access is no problem.

I removed the isc valve to send to paul and i could'nt get a spanner to it and ended up removing the intake plenum.

OlberJ
29-04-2007, 14:52
Ah right, i thought it was the bank nearest the front of the car. :doh:

foxy-stoat
29-04-2007, 18:55
you shouldnt of needed to remove anything to do that valve thingy...

If you remove the engine cover latch, you can get a standard hand down there.

:)