PDA

View Full Version : Parts got/needed

Paff
19-01-2007, 08:33
Ok guys, trying to get my head around things now as swap looms closer.

This is a list of all the bits I have/need.

Engine stuff

GOT

3Vz-fe
Mr2 turbo Gearbox
Turbo clutch
Turbo Fly
ECU
Loom
COR
Camry supported shaft (not sure if I have the carrier, will have to check once engines out of trailer)
GT4 Shafts
Torque mounts

NEED
Hopefully can buy a fuelpump off Sam
Cv joints should be ordered very soon
Alternator and possibly the bracket (again will work that out when out of trailer)
Exhaust of some sorts

Can someone take a look and let ne know what I have overlooked as I don't trust my own brain at the mo.

Cheers
Paff

Jiff Lemon
19-01-2007, 08:56
I know you've put torque mounts, but are they the 3 gearbox mounts and engine mount?

Camry Coolant expansion tank is a good one to get - fits really nicely.
You got the ignition module?
New drivebelt?

lodgeman
19-01-2007, 08:59
if you have the st185 shafts then you dont need to change the outer cv joints mate! or is it that they came without them?

Paff
19-01-2007, 11:07
Yep came without Al so need to get a set.

Jiff, think I've only got 2 of the mounts at the house, the front and rear ones IIRC so need to source the 2 others (well unless they are in the garage and I've overlooked them while soring, but I'm planning to need them so I don't get a surprise). Yep got the Ignition module and the drivebelt on the engine is new anyway along with all the serviceable items so thats save me a bit.

Good thunk about the coolant bottle, will have to see if I can find one now

JB
19-01-2007, 15:34
I may have some bits will look this weekend.

Paff
19-01-2007, 15:40
Cheers JB, will be awesome if you do. See what you have and let me know what you want for them. I'm sure I can sort some beer tokens out for you :)

podge
19-01-2007, 18:39
hi fella i think ive got a tubby gearbox mount here if you need it also just say and ill fab the exhaust for you :thumbsup:

Paff
19-01-2007, 18:44
Cheers Podge tis much appreciated, and can't wait to let you loose on making a nice "quiet"exhaust :0

Will have to meet up soon.

podge
19-01-2007, 18:47
deffinately fella so much to talk about so much to make got a new shop in ponty aswell much bigger than the old place i was at and its got a basement the same size as the shop so all good see ya soon podge

JB
21-01-2007, 11:19
I've found a Camry expansion bottle, need to look for the cap, hopefully its in me grage somewhere. PM me your address I'll send it.

Garbe
21-01-2007, 11:59
I've got the expansion bottle with cap and mounting bracket. (not required on the MK2)

Paff
21-01-2007, 16:44
Cheers Jb and Garbe.

Seen as JB posted first I'll give him the opportunity to try and find the cap and if he can I'll take the offer, if not I will most definatly be interested Garbe :)

How much would you want for the bottle?

Mistertwokw
21-01-2007, 21:29
I will have a jasma stainless backbox of a mk2 turbo that i wont need, had a custom one made for mine, give us a shout if it is any good to ya
Ki

Garbe
22-01-2007, 14:00
Cheers Jb and Garbe.

How much would you want for the bottle?

Just let me know if you want it and its yours mate, just won't be able to send it out for a while as i'm in London and only get back every couple of weeks. (hence my swap's progress being non existent <:( )

Paff
22-01-2007, 20:45
Yeah I'll take it if you are able to send it, let me know what the postage is when you are ready to send it and I'll fire over the money for ya along with an address.

Ki I'm prob gonna get one made by Podge as I'm needing to keep costs down now so will probly not have enough to make it worth your while. Altho I will keep it in mind, just one question, any idea how loud it is. Cheers for the offer anyhow

Mistertwokw
22-01-2007, 21:06
if you look on my build thrad there are some start up vids at the end, should hear the nice burble from those...