PDA

View Full Version : Ecu Rant..

Fizzy
10-12-2006, 16:53
Ok, Excuse me one moment. Finally managed to get my ecu from my neighbour a few minutes ago...

....and...

<deep breath>

F'ING EBAYING BARSTEWARD MESSING ME ABOUT WITH INCORRECT PARTS EVEN AFTER CONFIRMING PART AND GETTING MY HOPES UP - I COULD STRANGLE THE SON-OF-A-BITCH IF I GET MY HANDS ON HIM...>:( :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :nunu: :box2:

..and breath.

Basically, unit is a boring silver cased ecu (no labels, marking etc to denote what its for). Its a remanufactured unit as described, by "Python Injection Inc". It has a part number of "140-534" which I've found no info on on their site...

....and it only has 3 sockets on not four! :cry: So, it looks like its more likely for a 5s-fe engine and not a v6? Arrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloomin ebay shops. :(

Fizzy
10-12-2006, 17:19
...right, been checking through my emails to the guy. I specifically asked if it was for a 3VZ-FE and not a 2VZ-FE or 3VZ-F (or whatever the old one was), and he confirmed it said it was for the 3VZ-FE.

However, as I mentioned there's nothing on the ecu or box to say what engine/car it is for, other than the part number.

After spending some time checking on the net, turns out that this part number (140-534) is in fact for the 2.5L v6 - i.e. the 2VZ.... arrrrggghhhh!!!!! :believe: :rant:

The part I ACTUALLY need is 140-537, which is for the 3VZ-FE M/T (excl Canada ;) ). I doubt after all this hastle he will actually have the correct part, and even if I do get a full refund I will have to have paid for 2 lots of international postage. Not happy. :rant:

...and after all the anticipation as well. I need to hit something... :rant: :box2: :box2: :box2: :nunu: :blowup:

Marksman
10-12-2006, 17:21
Nothing to lose by demanding your courier charges are refunded...

Go get him.

Owen.

Marksman
10-12-2006, 17:25
On a similar not the seller of a parts car I won on ebay for ?1, without a reserve has just sent me this:-

hi i dont know if you got my message the other day but the toyota mr2's had a reserve of ?100 on the sorry for any inconvienience

Not in your league of financial loss or annoyance, but frustrating none the less. There really should be some sort of intelligence test that ebay sellers take before being able to set up an account!

Good luck,

Owen.

Fizzy
10-12-2006, 18:21
...and just to make life more complicated, according to the paperwork attached to the box, it was shipped directly to me from Python Injection themselves (at almost half the price of the p&p that I was charged!). Yet another ebay agent/"reseller" then. Whats the betting I don't hear a thing back from the e-tailor. :hmm:

I did send an email to Python earlier asking if the part number 140-537 was available.

I can see this getting messy to sort out. :doh: :cry:

Fizzy
10-12-2006, 18:46
Good job I save my ebay emails... ;)

In reply to my initial request as to which model its for...

Ian,
It states it is for the 3VZ-FE Manual.
Thanks

Hi. Many thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I just want to confirm that this is definately for a 3VZ-FE and not a 2VZ-FE or 3VZ-F which were around at the same time?

Are you willing/able to send the unit to the uk?

Thanks again,

- Ian.

Ok, so it should have been the 3VZ-E at the end there..

Yes it is the right one and shipping is 39.90
Thanks

Postage was $20.40 on the box. Ok, so a little extra for packaging.... but this is direct from the manufacturer, not from him.

Oh the wonders of ebay never cease to amaze me... :liar:

Peebs
10-12-2006, 23:19
Oh no, that's terrid news Fizz. Sorry to hear about that matey. As Owen said, go geddim. What a bast.

Sponge Bob
10-12-2006, 23:24
On a similar not the seller of a parts car I won on ebay for ?1, without a reserve has just sent me this:-

Not in your league of financial loss or annoyance, but frustrating none the less. There really should be some sort of intelligence test that ebay sellers take before being able to set up an account!

Good luck,

Owen.

Hey dude - you should remind him of the legal contract he entered into - his mistake is your gain...

Paul Woods
11-12-2006, 06:56
exactly ash,you could make him sell you that car for a quid but if it went that far he'd probably burn it out in spite...hate ebayers like this!

fizzy id just get a full refund fella,i can see this going from bad to worse,also since grounding 7D and lifting the throttle bump stop a smidge the demo car has never stalled since.Only benefit i can see is if the manual ecu is mapped differently and therefore a performance gain?

other than that id just get your money back and forget about it bud,risky plugging in an ecu from a different continent if you ask me.

Jinja
11-12-2006, 11:12
If you're having problems with these sellers report them to ebay and claim your cash back, if you paid through paypal it won't be a problem. Don't let these wankers get away with it.

Marksman, if you won that auction it's his fault he didn't list it properly and the car legally is yours m8..!! Again go through the ebay channels and be sure to leave neg feedback

Marksman
11-12-2006, 16:48
Ho-yes, tis being done as we speak. I don't like stomping on a fellow MK1 enthusiast but he's being a prat about it so tough! Delay only due to ebay not letting me report it until 10 days after the auction.

Cheers lads,

Owen.