PDA

View Full Version : IC Cooling Fans

Gary Symons
04-12-2006, 07:33
I need a pair of fans approx 6" dia to fit onto my IC anyone got any suggestions.

I have seen a pair of small spal fans on ebay but they blow instead of suck :hehe: (cue the comments).

Also see quite a few motorbike fans on ebay, can any bikers tell me if they would be up to the job? also any particular bike fans to look out for that may fit the bill?

Ta

Gary

superchargedsam
04-12-2006, 09:21
Gary yup bike fans should do the job ok ! I rekon the one on my road going ZX7r would easily be up to it as when that mofo comes on it feels like it will pull ya down the road....only kidding but it really does pull the air through at a serious rate of knots as I found out on way back from the eclipse on the south coast a few years back ! Not sure on sizes though fella !

superchargedsam
04-12-2006, 09:21
normally the bike fans are quite thin as well as not much room between rad and engine on most bikes !

Shorty
04-12-2006, 18:15
Can`t you just change the wiring? If it`s an electical motor then if you change the wiring they will suck instead of blow.. Bringin back memories. DOn`t really see the problem here as you would be happy either way:hyper: :hyper:

fstrnldr
17-12-2006, 05:30
Can`t you just change the wiring? If it`s an electical motor then if you change the wiring they will suck instead of blow.. Bringin back memories. DOn`t really see the problem here as you would be happy either way:hyper: :hyper:

Spal designes the blades on their fans in one of three ways, suck, blow, or switchable. You won't get proper output out of it if the blades are designed for the wrong direction. You would have to have the part number off of them and check it w/ Spal to see just what the fan was ment for.

oh yeah and sorry for bumping an old post, i was just looking around the site and found it

superchargedsam
23-12-2006, 15:44
oh yeah and sorry for bumping an old post, i was just looking around the site and found it

never apologise on here fella as all info is good info !

biteme
23-12-2006, 16:06
can't u turn it around instead then and mount it another way :)

Gary Symons
23-12-2006, 16:30
can't u turn it around instead then and mount it another way :)

Thats what I would have done if I had bought the spal ones.

I have however just got hold of a pair of motorbike fans (plenty of suction:thumbsup: ), took a bit of a gamble on them but they are a perfect fit. May get a third fan just to make sure the IC is nice and cool though.