PDA

View Full Version : Cank pulley bolt. Stuck like a MF!

Shorty
18-11-2006, 14:17
I thought i`d remove as much as possible before i test fit my engine to do the mounts but got stuck on the crank pulley bolt. Can`t really turn it either cause it just spins. Is there any place you can lock it? Maby screw a bolt in to make it sit?

Any ideas?

Shorty

Paul Woods
18-11-2006, 14:20
a prybar jammed in the flywheel works,but i use a windy gun and it fetches the bolt out straight away....a less professional way is to use a large breaker bar but jam it against the ground and spin the starter motor over,that will crack it everytime,but dodgy with an engine thats not bolted in!

Shorty
18-11-2006, 14:26
I might just get one of those air tools. I got a great air complressor to run it too. Thx, will try that:)

Marksman
18-11-2006, 15:10
I might just get one of those air tools. I got a great air complressor to run it too. Thx, will try that:)

You won't regret it. One of my favourite tools is a crappy second hand air impact gun from Ebay. Saves hours of work. When you've got one you wonder why you've spend years fighting bolts and scraping your knuckles...

O.S.

adamh
18-11-2006, 18:47
You won't regret it. One of my favourite tools is a crappy second hand air impact gun from Ebay. Saves hours of work. When you've got one you wonder why you've spend years fighting bolts and scraping your knuckles...

O.S.

a tool for those with compressors! :poke2:
by the time the swap is finished i will have collected a hearty amount of new tools!..

Marksman
18-11-2006, 19:15
a tool for those with compressors! :poke2:

Oy Adamsky! Given all the toys you get to play with at work we are NOT going to feel guilty about having compressors. So there.

O.S. (and on behalf of Shorty.)

adamh
18-11-2006, 20:36
what toys? .. havent got no such playthings!

:liar:

couldnt half do with a windy gun sometimes tho, the bolts used to be fun.. then after a few hundred you loose interest in the challenge and just swear

adamh
18-11-2006, 20:44
my mate murphy helped out with the crank pulley bolt, . place ring spanner on nut, raise murphy, and dead blow the spanner. murphy is 5lb thor copper hammer, never failed