PDA

View Full Version : JDM auto conversion, any possibility of problems to V6'er?

Barronmr
13-11-2006, 11:21
Hi,
I've noticed a JDM auto tintop for sale and I was wondering if I was to buy would the fact that its a JDM auto cause any problems to a V6'er?

Regards Luke

Jiff Lemon
13-11-2006, 11:41
MK1 or 2?

Guessing neither would present too much of a problem, apart from having to source gear shifter cables and an E153 box.

Marksman
13-11-2006, 11:42
None whatsoever, go for it mate.

Hopefully best of both worlds; JDM hopefully means little to no rust and few miles, auto means not a sports car so low purchase price. :thumbsup:

All the best,

Owen.

Barronmr
13-11-2006, 11:46
Thanks for the quick reply's. Its a mk1 on IMOC, just trying to get a reply from them now.

Paff
13-11-2006, 12:27
Auto to manual is a pain if keeping the 4a, Altho if going V6 at the same time you may find it that little bit easier to do it while the cars stripped anyway.

Twas a conversion done by my mate Jon when he had his SC and not one any of us want to tackle again, or so we thought at the time, since then the projects have got slightly larger so probly wouldn't be too bad anymore.

Paul Woods
13-11-2006, 17:50
bear in mind you will also need a pedal box,clutch master,lines,clutch slave,centre console and shifter do da.

Charged
13-11-2006, 19:57
Barronmr, sorry for the thread hi-jack but I've got a Tintop supercharger forsale which might be a better bet?? You have the driveshafts ready to go and you can sell the 4AGZE and pay for some of the swap. See my thread in Forsale section if you are interested