PDA

View Full Version : v6 performance

Fizzy
13-10-2006, 14:47
Well, just took a mate from work out in my V6, and he was impressed to say the least....

....then I met up with a subaru impreza of some description. Decided to have some fun.... we came off a roundabout and off downa dual carriageway...

....now, he did pull away, but considering he's probably tweaked his turbo to mad levels as most scooby owners do + running on super, and mine is a completely "stock" 3.0 v6 (just in the right car ;) ) on standard fuel with a driver who's still getting used to driving it properly, I wasn't that far behind....

...and it was sooooo smooooth it was unbelievable. I couldn't stop grinning :D

I did have to ease off a little coming off the roundabout as I felt the bank end twitch. Definately need to get a strut brace fitted...... definately would have had him otherwise.... ermmm.... yeah.... :hidesbehi

Next step - rear strut brace, wider rear wheels/tyres and the timing/fuelling mod... maybe head porting too... :D

Peebs
13-10-2006, 18:17
Soooperb matey, good on ya.

I think I told you about the Mercedes AMG a while back - pushed it up the road from 30mph up to about, ahem, 70mph(ish). Looked up AMG's on t'internet when I got home and the lowest spec one I could find was a 280bhp model, so if it was that one, it seems quite feasable as they weigh quite a bit more than a two and seeing as mine cost 10% of the price of a AMG I think the V6 swap was a bargain :)

nik
13-10-2006, 18:19
now if it had been a 1.5 you wouldve easily had him..! lol

adamh
13-10-2006, 22:34
:box2: ... round 1 to the v6!. yep i'll vouch for the smooth delivery of lots of power.. its sickening in both mk2 and mk1!. you'll have to sort them scoobies although.

Peebs
14-10-2006, 09:57
Soon Adam, ...soon :)

Goldy
14-10-2006, 13:04
me wants me wants :drool: :cry:

Fizzy
14-10-2006, 14:06
:box2: ... round 1 to the v6!. yep i'll vouch for the smooth delivery of lots of power.. its sickening in both mk2 and mk1!. you'll have to sort them scoobies although.

Well, not sure if its round 1 to the V6 exactly, as he did pull away - but it won't take much tweaking to keep up with him I think...... without the need for a turbo. :P

Garbe
14-10-2006, 15:50
more V6 tales, can't wait to get mine in

MRV6
14-10-2006, 19:41
Nice one mate, he can have all the toys on it he wants but it won't sound a patch on that V6.

biteme
14-10-2006, 19:46
Here here!! The Scoob does have the best 4 cylinder noise with the right exhaust - but not a patch on that SC'd V6 on full boar.

God, I'm excited about getting it done.

Fizzy
14-10-2006, 20:35
Nice one mate, he can have all the toys on it he wants but it won't sound a patch on that V6.

He he he - very true. It did sound awesome at full chat - although no idea if I was anywhere near redline though - still undecided on the accuracy of the tacho.... so who knows? I never did hit the rev limiter.... :D

My mate from work was very impressed - and he has a pretty highly modded mr2 turbo... nuff said. :hehe:

Peebs
15-10-2006, 00:47
Here here!! The Scoob does have the best 4 cylinder noise with the right exhaust - but not a patch on that SC'd V6 on full boar.

God, I'm excited about getting it done.

I defo agree with the first bit there Jonny and remind you you will not be dissappointed when its been done on yours :)

My mate from work was very impressed - and he has a pretty highly modded mr2 turbo... nuff said. :hehe:

I've had that sort of stuff said to me a few times after demo runs in mine too matey, I just can't wait to get mine a little more fettled :mrgreen:

Sparky
16-10-2006, 09:25
Damn Guys, Dont get me too excited