PDA

View Full Version : My shopping list

Racebreed
01-10-2006, 21:15
Right i read the write up but as it was done a year or two ago i was wondering if anything had been updated, so i started doing a shopping list

1. Mk1 MR2 - tick
2. Toyota Camry likely to be an older one like a 93 (not sure on engine code)
3. MK2 MR2 turbo gearbox
4. Front drive shafts from celica 165? the rounded one with pop up headlights?
5. engine mounts (i know where i can get these from now)
6. is there an easy flywheel to source?
7. Is the 6mm spacer essential on the starter motor to hit the flywheel or is there another way?
8. sell bits off the camry to fund the supercharger :driving: ? I presuem you guys ebay the camry bits?
9. oh and walbro fuel pump 255litres second

i know you need the wiring etc out of the camry

sorry for all the questions and i know you guys found out the hard way to do things i just want to draw on the immence experience there is already on this board

cheers in advance :shades:

Racebreed
01-10-2006, 21:59
the reason i ask about the engine code as i dont know if i spend more on the car if it saves me hassle

Paul Woods
02-10-2006, 07:09
engine code is 3vz-fe,regarding the gearbox a much easier route in the mk1 is to use a mk2na box and shafts,plug n play into the hubs and very cheap!

Racebreed
02-10-2006, 08:04
excellent thanks are the boxes strong enough to handle circa 300bhp then? and how do i make sure i get a lsd one?

does the na box not make the gears short due to ratio's or are they ok as i noticed the mr2 cruised at 4k at 70mph already!!!!!!

am i stuck buying the fidanza flywheel or is there a cheaper alternative and finally i presume a turbo clutch will do the job?

cheers in advance

Paul Woods
02-10-2006, 18:43
the NA box is a lot stronger than its given credit for,i think it'll be fine.

Ratios are fine too,no problems there,although 5th is still too short like the tubby box. 80mph=4k rpm

You will use whatever flywheel and clutch matches your choice of gearbox,so if you get an NA box you want an NA clutch and fly,then get 4V6 to mod the fly and you are sorted!

Johnny P.
02-10-2006, 22:39
Dont forget to grab the shifter and cables from the MkII box. You can make a hybrid shifter with all toyota parts that works bitchin. Also grab the slave since its the cable holder on that trans. I had no problems with the box in my 1mzfe swap, but you will get good at pulling your rear suspension out of the way to remove the shafts. I had to cut and weld both my manifolds on the 1mzfe for cable and frame clearance but thats easy. The Solara/Camry flywheel is a bolt on and nobody wants them in the states. I used the heavy camry pressure plate with the tubby na disk, the turbo disk will be loose on the input shaft. Happy Hunting!!!!

superchargedsam
02-10-2006, 23:52
walboro fuel pump at 255 litres a second ! gonna want a damnned big fuel tank for that puppy and some damned big injectors ! only messin fella just that its litres per hour as 255 litres a second is rather quick !

Marksman
03-10-2006, 00:08
walboro fuel pump at 255 litres a second ! gonna want a damnned big fuel tank for that puppy and some damned big injectors ! only messin fella just that its litres per hour as 255 litres a second is rather quick !

Hmm, thought much the same myself but as it was a nice new member I decided not to take the piss; now if Sam had typed that then it'd be a different matter :thebird:

Alll the best with the swap Racebreed, and happy parts hunting,

Owen.

Racebreed
03-10-2006, 06:47
Hmm, thought much the same myself but as it was a nice new member I decided not to take the piss; now if Sam had typed that then it'd be a different matter :thebird:

Alll the best with the swap Racebreed, and happy parts hunting,

Owen.

you dont need to be soft on me guys easy mistake :D

Marksman
03-10-2006, 06:53
Noted. :moon:

Owen.

Racebreed
03-10-2006, 06:59
why did you get the spasbo again? :moon:

Paul Woods
03-10-2006, 07:01
cos hes a spasbo :)

Marksman
03-10-2006, 07:03
cos hes a spasbo :)

A fair point well made.

:icon_conf Can we get this thread back on topic now ? :blush:

Owen.

Racebreed
03-10-2006, 07:21
:D

right so revised list

i still need a

v6 camry
mk2 box, clutch, drive shafts including hub nuts i would presume, slave cylinder shifter cables and shifter
engine mounts
turbo pump or walbro 255 litres per HOUR :moon: :)
custom exhaust back box from cross over front pipes

then maybe a supercharger if im feeling lucky :)

superchargedsam
03-10-2006, 11:34
i like that, even new members here have a top sense of humour ! but then I guess its not worthing joining TB unless you do have one ! Easy mistake to make though !

superchargedsam
04-10-2006, 00:32
lol@tone ! thats true enough fella !